Has there, or are there any normal pro-WT members on this forum? As in mentally stable, anybody?

by miseryloveselders 51 Replies latest jw friends

• wobble
    wobble

I think Brotherdan makes a good point, but when a WT apologist comes on and spouts utter nonsense it is difficult to refrain from saying so in no uncertain terms.

I just love it when our dear Mary has a pop at them, funny !

It is also frustrating when they are downright dis-honest, and when they will not actually debate,just ignoring the points made that expose the paucity of their arguments and the falsity of their doctrines. Very Troll like.

The shame of it is that because they get chased off, tail between legs, we do not get the opportunity to show the "Troof" up for what it is.

Please may we all welcome WT Apologists as they appear on here, and treat them as gently as we can, they are frail beasts, as truth is not in them.

• inbetween
    inbetween

very good post MLE !!

I thought about it before too.

Its difficult to measure a person just by their posts, to determine, whether somebody is nuts or normal (at least to some reasonable extent).

It needs more, behaviour, face expressions, gestures, tone of voice etc...

Im also very much with baltar447, agreeing still on many main doctrines of JW, but getting more and more pissed off for the Pharisaic rulership they have...

since my personal sitaution does not allow to talk with anybody as open as here, I still come and enjoy the forum, learn from comments and participate sometimes in debates.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

I think that maybe the Pro JW's who actually post here are probably the most "zealous" and maybe most have been to this point, with exceptions, been a tad off,...but let me add this, I was still active, never, and I mean never, missed meetings or field service, and was still pretty much a believer about most things, (just not everything) and I almost stopped lurking and just pushed down my feelings again. I am glad I keep reading, that I read Crisis of Conscience, some of the most serious threads about the history of the organization, etc. but it was very off-putting to hear some comments. I realize now that many have had such terrible experiences with the organization that they are emotional and vehement in their denunciation. I just have to point out that many of the regularly perjorative terms, such as "Wittlessnes" etc, so made me feel attacked, even though I had not posted, and so certainly were not directed at me but still....

It is obviously not the objective and purpose in the postings to convert others; it is a vehicle to speak openly and with full opportunity to vent whatever feelings a person may have. I just wanted to mention how I felt.

Don't anybody take it personally, (ha,ha,ha) that was my turn to vent.

• shadow
    shadow

I've read this forum fairly regularly for 8 or 9 years. Got into a few long discussions but don't anymore since I don't see much point in it. Still a JW (inactive now though). Posted here while an elder and still haven't gone over to the dark side. Not completely anyway . . . .

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Anyone that is an elder active in a congregation of JWs could be regarded as "pro-JW". As an elder, you are a leader in the congregation. To continue to be an elder, yet not believing in the doctrines of JWs, is hypocritical.

I think I've just been dissed, or at the very least called out. However, I think its fair what you've posted, and I agree with you. I am a hypocrite, and some days it eats at me. As it rightly should. I'll level with you Broken Promises, there's some days that I watch the news and I see someone's been killed, and I envy that person. I feel at times that the world would be better off without me. The Borg would be better off without me. Its rought at times. At guess being within this "conscious class", means more than simply being aware. If you're still supporting the organization in some manner or form, yet not agreeing with it in its entirety, that does make one a hypocrite. Or even as Dark Side put it in times past, a coward. Being honest, both of those words can be applied to me and others like me as well. So yes BP, I agree with you. I try my best to avoid situations where I can possibly compromise my integrity, but I may or may not always be successful.

• shadow
    shadow

"If you're still supporting the organization in some manner or form, yet not agreeing with it in its entirety, that does make one a hypocrite. Or even as Dark Side put it in times past, a coward."

If you support your country, but don't agree entirely, does that also make you a hypocrite?

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

If you support your country, but don't agree entirely, does that also make you a hypocrite?

Shadow, this is different though. You have to pay taxes. You have to obey the law. If you don't, there's consequences. On the other hand, you don't have to vote left, or right. You didn't have to support Bush, or Obama. You don't have to be a Jehovah's Witness. Nobody is forcing you to, with the exception of children and teenagers. For the rest of us adults, we only stay because of our families. We know much of the WT's doctrine is nonsense, however we suppress voicing our opinions, or leaving entirely for the sake of keeping peace in our families, or salvaging our families entirely. In that sense, we compromise our own integrity out of fear. Many of us just don't have the balls to hurt our families. At least I don't. Its one thing to not entirely agree with the WT's doctrines, its another thing entirely, to speak out about what you disagree with. There's major repurcussions involved.

Again, nobody is putting a gun to your head, you can choose to leave. Or you can remain fearful, or when a believing dub states something you disagree with, you smile and nod your head like everything is kosier. Or you can be a hypocrite like me, and stand on the platform and "take the lead" in promoting things that you secretly disagree with.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

MLE - I understand how you feel. I felt the same way when I was "serving" but trust me when I say that if you decide to step "aside" you will feel much better about the whole situation.

You're right, the choice is yours and not without major repurcussions. Even stepping down is difficult to do and as you know, they will assume you've done something sinful.

But, I'm of the opinion that not hurting our families is a legit reason to not blow up the WT bridge. They're just as controlled as we once were.

I recall when I awoke, I tried to pretend there wasn't anything wrong and continued serving under the guise that I could help people. It ate me up that I had to say things from the platform that I thought were untrue. But, when I finally realized that there wasn't much I could do to change things and finally resigned, I swear it was like a weight had been lifted.

I still feel like you do sometimes. There are times that I wish I could go to sleep and not wake up. But, there is light at the end of the tunnel (and no, it's not a train). Things will get better.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Doubting Bro, thanks man.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Firstly, I want to say I have posted what I did without any malice or ill intent. But I do think it’s hypocritical to make aspersions on other JWs who post here, when you are certainly no innocent yourself.

MLE, from your posts, you are not a teenager nor are you financially reliant on your parents. I assume you live away from home although I may be wrong. So you are not reliant upon your parents’ rules, as would be the case if you were living as a dependant under their roof.

Resigning as an elder will not cause your family to stop talking to you. You could always cite reasons such as burnout or depression for your departure from the eldership. Note, I do not use the term “stepping down” because you are not above any of your fellow worshipers. You simply have a title and the responsibilities that are tied to that title.

However, with those responsibilities come the roles of teacher and leader. You are required to be, and are looked upon as, the upholder of the WTS’ rules and regulations. Many of them are not bible-based. Anything that comes from Brooklyn is regarded as the word of God. The whole furor over the Elder Book being kept secret, especially from women, is a good example of this.

You may not mentally support these ideas, but your actions indicate otherwise.

So for you to put down other JWs who post here (rightly or wrongly) while hypocritically supporting the WTS and it’s life-draining policies is something I couldn’t ignore.

I know djeggnog is an annoying poster, but here’s a suggestion: IGNORE HIM. The more you and others respond to his posts, the more he’ll argue with you. Why encourage him? If you refuse to respond, he will eventually get the message and leave.

If/when you decide to leave the WTS, I can assure you that you will have my full support. I know what it’s like to fade and eventually leave without being df’d or da’d. It can be done.

You just have to accept that some things will change when you leave. Sure, your family will think of you as “spiritually weak” and possibly worse, but you’re a man, aren’t you? You’ve got broad shoulders – you can take it. And those “friends” in the congregation – you’ll see just how shallow their friendship really is. Instead, you’ll get to make real friends in the real world.

You’ll also have peace of mind, knowing that you are living your life honestly. No more looking over your shoulder. As Jesus said, you will be set free. And there’s nothing better than being able to be yourself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit