Has there, or are there any normal pro-WT members on this forum? As in mentally stable, anybody?

by miseryloveselders 51 Replies latest jw friends

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

First off, forgive me if I'm guilty of being judgemental. I got my own fair share of mental problems. It goes without saying that a bunch of us on this forum are misfits and freaks. I don't know if its the majority, but there's enough. Considering our experiences, you can't entirely blame us for being a little off in the head. However, I just realized in another thread, I've been debating with a bonafide nut, and I never realized it. He's beyond simply depressed, or anxiety. Maybe I felt comfortable conversing with him because I'm not quite right in the head either. I don't know man.

Anyways, something I just noticed is, when it comes to active JWs on this forum, there aren't any normal ones. None that I've noticed anyway. Renia was normal I think, but then she decided to go all multiple personality on us and come back as Debator. Alice In Wonderland did the same thing as Confearacy, and she had a really unhealthy fascination with the occult. DJeggnogg, is completely out of his mind. Gone, with no help of return. No amount of Seroquel, Geodon, or Lithium will ever bring him back. He might have a homosexual obsession with Samuel Herd by the way. You Bethel Monitors might want to invest in some protection for that man. There's enough dorks up there to surpass the Geek Squad. The only ones that I can recall that are/were normal posters on this forum, were Bane and Scholar who recently reemerged. Bane was slightly immature, handing out scriptural smackdowns, but you get the sense he wasn't nuts. I liked him personally, he was entertaining. Plus he made good points occasionally. Scholar isn't nuts, just convinced in his beliefs. Can't knock him for that.

I guess what I'm questioning, does it go without saying that the only people on this board are offical apostates, awakened JWs of the "conscious class", and misfit JWs who are still pro-WT of the "unwanted class?" Unwanted as in those we've all known in congregations that didn't get invited to anything recreational, nobody wanted to work with them in field service, nobody gave any attention to other than hi and bye at the Kingdom Hall? Ones with mental problems, pariahs who still want to believe its the truth, even though The Truth doesn't accept them, etc? I'm yet to see a proJW on this board who's somewhat normal. For the most part, "evidently" most proJWs on this board are misfits even by JW-In-Good-Standing standards. These folks are on here counting time and recieving the most wholesome association they've had in years. I'm under the impression this is the most association they can get with JWs because their own congregations have failed them. I guess the makeup of this board makes sense when you consider, that if your a believing JW, as in you buy the whole thing, you're not supposed to be on this board in this first place.

Does any of what I typed make any sense, or am I evidently nuts too? By the way I don't want to discourage proJW posters, as I believe this board is too heavy on the hateful apostate side of things at times. But, I'd like to see a pro-WT JW who's at least credible and mentally stable if its at all possible. If you took the time to read all that nonsense I posted, thanks.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

We had another nutcase, Angel Eyes. She came on here claiming to just want to hear the other side of the story...claiming to be an active JW. She would make remarks to rile people up then run...very immature. She said she was a current pioneer and told her elders she posts here and they were fine with it. She said she showed this website to her many studies and it helped them. LOL She became unpopular so tried opening up another username and got busted.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

Hmmm...I would consider myself normal, credible, and mentally stable. I'm educated, professionally employed, well-liked, and socially involved with the JWs that I know.

I am an active JW and don't consider myself "on the way out" in any sense of the word. Do I think that everything and everyone is perfect in the organization? No. Do I think that there are plenty of crazy people in it that follow it in cult-like fashion? Yes. Do I think everyone in it is like that? No.

I would agree that anyone who comes here to be actively "pro JW" may be a bit touched in the head, since most others arrive here precisely because they are unhappy with some aspect of "the Org". What good does it come here to debate someone who has such a fundamentally opposite viewpoint on this religion? It seems too often to disolve into personal attacks and name-calling.

I simply find it interesting to see the different perspectives represented on this board-- call it intellectual curiousity.

• sabastious
    sabastious

BANE and scholar are both nuts, imo. Anyone who staunchly defends doctrine that REQUIRES information control to believe against a community that has been burnt badly by the cult is psychotic.

Think about it!

Witnesses are supposed to be loving teachers but BANE and scholar both came here to toot their own doctrinal horn. Never have I seen one word of sympathy from those drones. They routinely call us "dirty apostates" and fault finders.

There tone is ALWAYS one of superiority and bigotry.

Yes, they do have a screw lose indeed, maybe many more than just one.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

respectful_observer, misery is talking about regular posters. You only have 31 posts.

-Sab

• VIII
    VIII

A person can't be "Normal" or "Sane" and be in a religious cult.

IMO.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

Sorry, I had interpreted "active JWs on this board" as meaning that they were "active JWs" in the congregational sense rather than the frequency of posting.

I didn't see any overt reference is MLE's thread title and post to the frequency of posting, only phrases like "...members on this forum...", "...does it go without saying that the only people on this board...", "I'm yet to see a proJW on this board who's somewhat normal...", "... the makeup of this board...", etc.

MLE could you clarify?

Sab, if I inferred incorrectly, I respectful withdraw myself from consideration as a "normal active JW on this forum".

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

respectful_observer, I like your approach! Welcome!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

MLE -- I cannot answer your questions. I can tell you this, however.

According to WT dogma, any JW who participates here will be slaughtered at Armageddon. God's people cannot partake from the table of demons.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

MLE could you clarify?

Sab, if I inferred incorrectly, I respectful withdraw myself from consideration as a "normal active JW on this forum".

LOL, you guys are both right in a sense. I did mean the more regular posters of this forum so Sab is correct in that sense. As far as proWT JWs are concerned, they're the most visible ones on my radar at this time.

Repsectful Oberserver, I respect you, and believe me when I tell you I have nothing against you or other pro WT posters on here. I wish there were more of you. I'm one of those guys who believes the truth is usually somewhere in the middle, not on the extreme right or left. I believe that applies to what we call The Truth as well. I'm still not entirely convinced of this whole apostate thing. Some days this forum can be somewhat heavy handed on pro WT JWs. Sometimes its absolutely necessary that IsaacAustin goes terminator on the trolls as they have it coming to them. Plus I enjoy watching him do it. I think he enjoys terminating them. However I fear at times that the anti-troll sentiment permeates the forum too much at times, and it may discourage reasonable debate. At the same time, as the thread title indicates, how can you have reasonable debate with proWT JWs, when they're all nuts? Which is where individuals like you come in Respectful Observer. Again, I'm glad you're here, and I value anything you can share.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit