First Elder attempt to hunt me down

by mamalove 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Ding
    Ding

<< I received a call from an elder last spring. He asked what could he do to get us back to the meeting. >>

"Stop drinking the Kool-Aid of the false prophets in New York."

• In
    In

Follow Your Gut.

DO NOT talk to him.

... but if you do, be FIRM in saying you don't want to be contacted and LEAVE you alone. If you leave any room to insinuate doubt or the possibility you are not confident or happy with your choices, they will exploit this to the fullest extent.

Therefore, I say, DO NOT talk to him.

• cantleave
    cantleave

What will you gain by talking to them? If they have cottoned on to you about celebrating holidays, they will do want they want anyway.

I would ignore the call, I have actually been doing that for the last weeks.

BTW there is no such thing as an ubber liberal elder. They are all following WT protocols laid out in the policy files.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Don't waste any of your valuable time on any bullshit games. If they call tell them to f*ck off and hang up. Same thing if they come to your door or see you in public. If they persist file a complaint with the police that you are being stalked and harassed. Granted, it probably would not end up with them being charged, but a visit from the cops should be enough to make them leave you be and DF you in absentia.

W

• Think About It
    Think About It

Mamalove......don't return his call. If you avoid them, you are controling the situation if they continue to try to contact you. He may just drop it since he at least tried. If you wanted to be real naughty........if it's a home number, call on a meeting night and leave this message," Brother Elder, you probably noticed I haven't been interested in coming to meetings for awhile now. If you are calling to tell me again you think I'm hot and would do me if you had the chance.....I'm still NOT interested". Guarantee he will not bother you anymore.

Think About It

• Gayle
    Gayle

My kids will have some form of shame and pity put on them when their dad takes them to the hall

I haven't all your past posts,,just concerned how your kids are doing at this point?,,do you have concern that they will get baptized if they aren't yet,,if they get baptized, will they feel more loyal to the WT and someday shun you? Because of that potential, I think it best to not contact the elder.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Thank you for your PM, mommalove. It's wonderful that your children will grow up with your unconditional love, something the children will never hear at the KH. They will be very lucky that their momma has a door open for them as they grow and learn and develop their free minds. So many best wishes to you!

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

This has proved to be an invaluable aid to rid myself of those pesky elder calls and their snooping around and any other calls for that matter. Use this program it is totally free, and works perfect with any desk computer that also has a phone line in and out of it; if you use cable internet it is totaly apart From That, again it works on your phone line It is called “Phone Tray Free” here down load it at this site and say good bye to the Elders: http://download.cnet.com/PhoneTray/3000-2074_4-10540928.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit