First Elder attempt to hunt me down

by mamalove 37 Replies latest jw friends

• mamalove
    mamalove

So got a voice mail from an elder today. It has been 15 mos since I attended meetings. He just said to call him back. Do I blow him off or call him back? I am sure that my ex went happily squeeling about halloween or that he has gotten wind I have a man in my life. Thoughts?

I really do not want them to have control over me nor do I want to play by their rules. So my first instinct is to ignore him. What are my options here? I wish they would mind their own business and let me be. Why harp when someone has been gone so long?

• Ding
    Ding

If you don't want to call him back, don't call him back.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Don't call him back. If he didn't tell you at all why he was calling on the message he's up to no good.

-Sab

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

You're a free woman living in a free country. They have no authority over you that you do not give them. They are not the police, the IRS, your employer, etc- people you do have to listen to. They are not the boss of you. Treat that nuisance call like any other, ignore it.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

There are only two reasons to speak with elders.

1. To lie.

2. To get yourself disfellowshipped

• nelly136
    nelly136

So my first instinct is to ignore him.

if thats your instinct then follow it.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan
    Why harp when someone has been gone so long?

For one, because this is what their new manual advises them to do. Not to mention that the CO is probably bitching too about lost sheep and they are one nosy self entitles SOB bunch of Joe-Blows.

Your question is rhetorical, but it kinda compells an answer.

Ignore them; there are plenty of examples how quickly these "calls" turn into a witch hunt.

He just said to call him back

Right. Leave him a voicemail telling him to give you $1,000. What a bunch of bozos....

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Don't meet with the elder alone. You may not be able to control your urges and you'll tempt him into fornicating...per the flock book.

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

Go and confess your shocking sexual sins making him drop his bible many times over. That would make him give you a pass for another 15 months. Then he would back for more.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree
    I really do not want them to have control over me nor do I want to play by their rules.

If you ignore them, they will continue to hunt you down ... they have control

If you have to hide and watch what you say or do ... they have control

If you disassociate, you play by their rules, but you take control ... they have control on how others treat you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit