Do you feel sorry for the family members who shun you?

by SweetBabyCheezits 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Remember me telling you My Ex Jw said... Darth ...I never Loved you.

I'm hearing alot same Dialog from your posts that I Also Heard.

I really Hope you Know..... I think about you everyday Dude!

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I don't understand REALLY why this organization exists still. It breaks my heart to hear things that have happened to Darth. Are we just too weak and wimpy to put ourselves in trying to bring an end to it? Do we just think, "It's too big to end" and so we give up? I guess that's how I feel. But I wish I could be a part of ending it's reign of terror.I mean, come on, people brought about an end to entire governments, and WE feel powerless to bring an end to a religous organization that hurts people?

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

CJ

If there's one thing I can say for my parents, their words and actions are consistent. I don't believe they would ever associate with a DF'd individual for personal gain.

Undercover, your situation sounds a bit familiar. My oldest brother never got baptized. He left the org at, like, 18 years old. He has his lifestyle, which is not at all in harmony with the regulations of JW life, and yet because he was never BTZ'd and DF'd, my parents will visit with him. Not often but they do invite him over occasionally and have civil chit chat. (edit - let me say here that my bro is a good guy, just that he doesn't follow JW-published standards for acceptable behavior.) But I was baptized at the age of ten so following my DF announcement, I'm off limits.

Funny to think if I hadn't made that uber important commitment at TEN YEARS OF AGE they could talk to me still. But if you ask them, this is all my fault.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    I mean, come on, people brought about an end to entire governments, and WE feel powerless to bring an end to a religous organization that hurts people?

I think governments are less powerful than cults.

My Ex Jw said... Darth ...I never Loved you.

[edit] WTF? Darth and Dan, it doesn't sound like that's just the cult mentality talking. That's just hateful. Back when my wife was a devout JW and I was fading, she'd made comments about how she'd lost respect (since I stopped taking the "spiritual lead") but never said anything like that. I feel really bad for you fellas.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Cheeze, I was thinking.

Brother #1 - Drug addict, drunkard, has Aids from drug use, dirty mouth, hates people and society in general. His parents are JWs. They WILL associate with him.

Brother #2 - Reads the Bible daily, has very strong morals, loves God, feeds the hungry, helps the sick and poor, gives money to charity, but he is an exJW. The WILL NOT associate with him.

Something wrong here?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

But Cheeze, these guys didn't even go to high school...

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

I raised my Kids so they Are Born In...

Never thought I'd become an Actual Sith Lord in My Family and Friends eyes!

Like what you are going thru...... After yrs of trying to make peace with everyone and everything... Enough was Enough!

I became a Weak Little Man cowering all the time.. walking on eggshells on everything I said and Did! after awhile I said I know what COULD happen... but this is NO WAY for Me to live.

Remember Dan don't let anyone tell you what to do Us -Them.... You NEED to do what you choose.

Every family is different. Advice is one thing... But YOU NEED TO DO THIS. Haven't you lived with this kinda life long enough....

Dan Is The Man!

• out4good3
    out4good3

said that to my wife. She replied, "I have not let the policy kill our love. YOU have killed the love in our family."

Brotherdan

I hate to say this but your "soulmate" is a piece or work. Hypocritical and two-faced to the extreme.

Is there anything at all in your marriage that SHE'S taking responsibility for?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I told my wife that last night, Darth. She was saying that all I did was look for dirt and then left without giving Jehovah a chance. I told her "I gave this organization 30 fuc^ing years of my life! I gave them PLENTY of opportunities. No more!

1 hour later, "I'll give it 6 months and go to meetings and try to be a good witness."

I'm a little wimp.

But I digress! Do I feel SORRY for the family that shuns me? In a way I do. I know my mom would cry her eyes out for months because I left. And that is what is sick about the cult. She will be faithful in NOT talking to me ever again. But she would live in pain everyday for the rest of her life. And THAT is what hurts me.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

She hasn't taken responsibility for any problems we've ever had, to be honest. It's ALWAYS been my fault. She's been the one that has supported me throughout everything.

Let me be clear, I've had my own problems in this marriage. I don't want to go into personal details, but I've gone through my own issues. But at the same time, she hasn't taken responsibility for ANYTHING. I'm good at saying "I'm sorry" and apologizing. But at some point you start to wonder, "Why am I the only one that apologizes?"

ANYWAY!!!!

Cheeze, I'm sorry to hijack the thread.

Lets get back to the point at hand!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit