Do you feel sorry for the family members who shun you?

by SweetBabyCheezits 64 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    I'm not disagreeing completely, but it's not always about self-preservation... not for everyone.

My mother has been led to believe this is the best treatment to help "save" her son's life (and that of his family).
    This might help us "wake up"... in her opinion. I have no doubt she'd give up eternal life if it meant the four of us could be "in paradise."
    It is not selfishness in her case and that leads me to believe such may be true for others as well......SweetBabyCeezits

It`s obvious you love your Mom..Thats Cool..

You have to face the Fact..The WBT$ has a Gun to her Head..

She believes your a Dead Man if you don`t follow the WBT$..She follows WBT$ Rules and Ignores you..

It does`nt matter what she believes..She has to take responsibility for her actions..

She is not doing that and it`s probably slowly killing her..

You can`t let the love for your mom,Cloud your Ability to see things for how they are..

She needs to take responsibility for her life..

You feeling sorry for her will not help her..You will only enable her destructive behaviour..

A little TUFF LOVE is in order..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• undercover
    undercover
    Do you feel sorry for the family members who shun you?

I'm not DFd/DAd so maybe my opinion doesn't matter, but from my limited experience with getting shunned as just an inactive person, my reaction differs depending on the person. But that's mostly non family so I'm sure the feelings are different when it is family.

I marvel at how JWs rationalize their behavior based on an announcement made from the hall. I have a DFd sibling. Completely cut off from our parents. They have nothing to do with the DFd child. I, OTOH, am merely inactive. I haven't done anything with the "truth" in years, yet my parents can justify associating with me, even though my lifestyle is arguably no better than my DFd sibling. In fact, I am the go-between. Parents use me to deliver messages and items to the DFd member. They can't...won't communicate with one but will the other...all based on a simple sentance uttered from the platform.

In the end though, family or not, I find that I don't really feel that sorry for them. I've gotten to the point where I can't worry about what they do or think anymore. If they choose to shun, then I'm not going to fight it. I'm moving on...

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

I have no way of contacting my Kids who Shun me. No phone #s, E-mail Address's and I don't know where they Live anymore. It's made my Heart Very Cold. And every Year that goes by my Heart Dies just a little more.

I have recovered from most Damage caused by JW's...... Started my Life again. Started a Family Again...

But the Heart is something that can take Time to Heal. Even where I am now ...... sad to say I guard my heart and very rarely open it to Trust.

I know my Wife would NEVER treat me the way Jehovah's Perfect Marriage Arrangement treated me. But I had the Absolute Truth and my Flesh and Blood..... have SHUNNED Admirably.

Do I feel Sorry for them.......... as Years Pass........ No More! I think My Heart Has Frozen Completely to them.

• zarco
    zarco

Darth - so very sorry.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Scully, they would probably then act the same even if they werent JWs. The only think I understand is the JW mentality programmed by the WT. But if their hyprocrite attitude shows by picking and chossing what rules and when to follow them then their true colors come up through the JW fabric

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I haven't read through the thread yet, but it's funny you brought this up because my wife and I were talking about this last night. I was saying that what hurts about knowing that my mom would shun me if I left "the truth" is that I can't imagine doing that to MY son. Again I used the illustration of a bank robber. If he got into a life of crime and was sent to jail, I wouldn't give up on him. I would visit him EVERY second that I could. I'd try to direct him to the right way, but I wouldn't turn my back on him.

But my mom WILL. My dad WILL. My wife WILL. How loved does THAT make you feel? It makes me feel like total shit. It makes me feel like I am not worth fighting for. So if you want to do that to me, then fine. But don't expect me to come back and think, "Gee I needed that! Now I know how much I love this organization and how much I need it." People that think that way are either fooling themselves or are lying to themselves. Well I, for one, won't go along with it. I won't get df'd, come back, and then say how much I feel loved by them. Eff em.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Glad your Back BroDan

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    I wish you would just go up to your Mom at the park one day and give her a big hug and tell her ," Mom let's cut out this nonsense ...just because I no
    longer want to be a witness does not mean I no longer want you to be my Mom " , "Please don't let a policy kill your natural affection for our family
    ,Mom"...

I said that to my wife. She replied, "I have not let the policy kill our love. YOU have killed the love in our family."

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    I have no way of contacting my Kids who Shun me.

Darth, I forgot you've gone through this. I love you, dude. This organization is sick. And no one seems to see it but those that were in it.

• laverite
    laverite

(((((((((Darth)))))))))))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit