by Lady Lee 69 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

I agree Moshe,

using their publicly distributed literature to show their discrepancies

hurts their credibility.

• caliber
    caliber

Well it seems some people smell JW and start circling for blood. Posters started to attack djeggnog personally. They dragged in information about their personal lives. They started making fun of him and his ID. The put down the information he was posting simply because he was a JW

Lets focus our attention on helping JWs who want information about the WT. I have noticed some who post here have
    no desire to help anyone, but themselves

He said more than once he didn't want this site to go down or have problems. But some of you are so blind in your anger that you can't separate a JW from the organization

I agree with these thoughts... thus for the issue of this thread and for every other thread ,why can't we approach things as

mature , considerate adults ? approach the issues only .. use solid argumentation... prove things for yourself first and it will aid

countless others to gain points for sincere reasoning and decision making

Taunting people by saying they lost the battle on a thread .. what's that about ?? What profit is there in that ? .... only an attempt to

humiliate and drive them off the board and some twisted sense of victory !

• Gregor
    Gregor

In my opinion, the real value of the Shep. book subject (for those who want to reveal the WTS for what it is) does not require infringement of their copyright.

Since when do so-called faithful and discreet slaves and servants have secret communications that those being served cannot be privy to? Gee, sounds kind of cultish, what?

At the very least it shows once again that the Watchtower Society, Inc. has two main priorities in providing spiritual food in due season -

1. Cover your ass on predictions that have clearly failed.

2. Cover your ass on any legal liabilities that could arise from your cult operations and directives.

• Paulapollos
    Paulapollos

Hi,

I have to admit that it seems perfectly reasonable for the WTS to wish to keep certain documents and manuals totally in-house. After all, the material that they have written is indeed their own - they created it, they wrote it, and they do not owe any non-Witness the right to view said documents. I don't think it is indicative of a cult for a corporation to have certain documents that are confidential to it's onsite branch management.

That still doesn't mean that that information should not be leaked by those who feel it is in some way dangerous or controversial, and that anyone should feel they should or should not read such material, should it come into their possession. Wikileaks, anyone? Non-Witnesses do not owe the Watchtower and Bible Tract Society anything, either.

Of course, it is entirely appropriate for Simon to request nobody posts links on this site, thus endangering such an excellent board by possibly illegal activites. There are, after all, many other ways to get hold of such "confidential" documents. I believe DJEggnog and Lady Lee have indeed rendered a valuable service to everyone here.

PP

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Just to clarify something Scully and AK Jeff who are also mods here and Angharad, Simon's wife, who is an admin here have also been working to keep this site safe and running smoothly.

I'm just the one with the target on her back at the moment

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I think they would be justified in kicking off anyone that publicly posts the links anymore. I think this has been talked about enough for pretty much everyone to know NOT to do it.

• Paulapollos
    Paulapollos

Is it me, or is this "new" release just a very boring rehash of a very boring original? Certainly no great shakes.If it wasn't for the shocking child abuse instructions, it would hardly be worth the time.

PP

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

Thank you for efforts Lady Lee...this thread reinforces my view that you are a voice of reason

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    A good thing to keep in mind is to ask yourself if you would speak to your spouse or loved one (someone you are trying to free) in the same way as you speak to djeggnog, or debator for that matter. Those we love are no different than those we don't know.
    Tammy

That's a nice thing to keep in mind Tammy. Along those lines when I post I try to censor what I say by asking myself- "would I say this to this person's face?" Works most of the time, however there have been times I've said things to people in person that I've had to go back and apologise for. I don't really agree with treating everyone like a loved one because those interactions/relationships are different from some stranger, or a faceless person you talk to on the internet. I think the important point in your post is the suggestion to stop and think about what you write before hitting send.

• dinah
    dinah

I never thought I would say this but..............

what Gregor said!! Threaten all of us with lawsuits!! Just leave JWN out of it!

It really shows them up for the CULT they are! Why spend so much fucking money to keep it out of anyone's hands????????????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit