Soldiers of Jah

by cofty 214 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
  • notverylikely
    notverylikely

Or it can be a case of soemthing else.

It usually is. The simplest answer is usually the correct one. It IS muddled and blurred, that's why it appears so.

Prodigal, it's hilarious that you write this "then apply some more logic" then write this "Take a course in astral projection, learn to wake up in a dream, and go ask Jesus for yourself".

How many of us would die willingly for someone else?

People were doing it and preaching love long before that Jesus fella came around.

• cheerios
    cheerios

i dont understand. how is 'love' the answer to testing the words of the bible for veracity? if that's true, then the beatles are the second coming ... (j/k) ... but i really do not understand that answer. it sounds a bit like a party-line towed by bible-thumpers ... spoken by many but understood by few.

• tec
    tec

Well in THAT case Jesus was nothing special as his message ws basically the same as messages thousands of years older than him.

We've had this discussion before ;)

I said test his message against love. Not that love was his sole message - even though all the law hinges on the love God, and love neighbor commandments. Because if you love your neighbor, you do no harm to him, and in fact you do good to him.

No reason others never discovered this truth - because it IS a truth.

But faith was right there alongside love in Christ's message, as well as the promise for anyone in any nation, tribe, culture to be with him as his brother and a son of God with Him.

Tammy

• cheerios
    cheerios

Well in THAT case Jesus was nothing special as his message ws basically the same as messages thousands of years older than him.

I said test his message against love. Not that love was his sole message - even though all the law hinges on the love God, and love neighbor commandments. Because if you love your neighbor, you do no harm to him, and in fact you do good to him.

But faith was right there alongside love in Christ's message, as well as the promise for anyone in any nation, tribe, culture to be with him as his brother and a son of God with Him.

Tammy

i just dont get it. i do not see what that has to do with verifying the accuracy of the bible. it's either true or it's not. it's nice and all but what does 'love' have to do with anything?

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

I thought it seemed familiar ;)

How do I do that? What kind of love?

I am not sure I understand what you mean.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

it's nice and all but what does 'love' have to do with anything?

You, when a mommy and a daddy love each other very much, or are bored, or drunk, on occassion, they make "love" and sometimes have a baby and that baby, guilty as he is in the eyes of god for simply being born, can, if he is born in the place and to the right parents, can learn about Jesus and grow up to maybe have a chance to live forever along side Jesus if he doesn't give in the sinful nature Jesus' dad created innate to our nature.

• tec
    tec

i just dont get it. i do not see what that has to do with verifying the accuracy of the bible. it's either true or it's not. it's nice and all but what does 'love' have to do with anything?

Not the accuracy of the bible. The truth of Christ. Once you trust Christ, then you have a much better understanding of what is or is not true in the rest of the bible - because anything that contradicts Him is not truth. Of course, that kind of seems like a waste of that trust. Once you trust Christ, then you realize that you need to go to Him in Spirit, and not merely a book, holy or not... because He is not limited. Even the bible that people place their trust in says to go to Him, over searching the scriptures - and yet many continue to put all their faith in the scriptures instead of going to him.

The bible is not an all or nothing kind of deal. Men decided what went into it, how it would be translated from language to language, etc. That's why you have the right to test what is written about Him. But when all is said and done, put your faith in Him.

Tammy

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Well NVL, intuition can only take you so far. You can "know" something in your mind, but you might not have all the facts of the universe straight.

If someone wants absolute verification of the truth, they need to go "online" to the source and get it.... that's how psychics do it. I'm not saying they can't be misled too, because there are upper and lower dimensions that are mirrors of each other, but that's a whole discussion in itself.....

When you astral project, the silver cord mentioned in Eccl. 12:6 will keep your consciousness connected to your physical body.

I think its a MUCH better explanation for out-of-body and near-death experiences than "the demons are playing tricks on you to get you to believe in an immortal soul".... don't you?

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Not the accuracy of the bible. The truth of Christ.

Well, the issue is that because of the false stylus, we really can't KNOW if he is the truth.

because anything that contradicts Him is not truth

Circular logic, tec.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit