Soldiers of Jah

by cofty 214 Replies latest watchtower bible

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Man, you guys sure do love to use that false stylus scripture to dismiss the parts you don't like, but the nifty little trick is that it applies equally well to the parts you do. Without the Lord God himself telling us which parts are false and which parts ain't, it's just shooting in the dark to determine it.

• tec
    tec

Without the Lord God himself telling us which parts are false and which parts ain't, it's just shooting in the dark to determine it.

Not really. Christ is the truth. Everything that is in direct contradiction with Him is false. Everything that seems to be in contradiction with Him - well, we don't know enough to do anything but speculate on those things, and the bottom line is, even though we might not know the answer, we trust that the answer is right and good because we trust in Christ, and therefore God.

Tammy

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Not really. Christ is the truth.

Maybe, maybe not. Maybe Jeremiah was warning us about the false stylus being about him.

• tec
    tec

NVL - Then test His words. His teachings. I know I have, and I believe them. I believe Him. I see nothing false in Him or His words.

Tammy

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

NVL - Then test His words. His teachings. I know I have, and I believe them. I believe Him. I see nothing false in Him or His words.

How do I test them? What is the standard for true or false?

• tec
    tec

Love - in a word.

I know love can be subjective, but to me love is honest, compassionate, merciful and works to the good of others over self.

Tammy

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Love - in a word.

I know love can be subjective, but to me love is honest, compassionate, merciful and works to the good of others over self.

Well in THAT case Jesus was nothing special as his message ws basically the same as messages thousands of years older than him.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Man, you guys sure do love to use that false stylus scripture to dismiss the parts you don't like, but the nifty little trick is that it applies equally well to the parts you do. Without the Lord God himself telling us which parts are false and which parts ain't, it's just shooting in the dark to determine it.

Its not there to dismiss ANYTHING, just as we are told to "test everything' we are taught, the point is NOT to dismis but to test the validity of what is written.

I will give you an example:

If you read the OT and then the NT what some will see is a change in God, some will see contridictions, some will see a progression of understanding and so forth and that is fine, there is nothing worng with that.

If you read the NT and then read the OT, you get this picture that is at times a bit blurred, mubled if you will, parts in the NT that say God is love and that love is never jealous get contridicted by God is jealous, parts that advocate the love and human compassion and treatment of the enemy are off set with killing women, children, dogs and assorted woodland creatures.

Why is that?

Well, depending on how YOU approach the bible it can be a case of progressive understanding of God's will, cummulating in the correct treachings of His son and Word, Jesus.

Or it can be a case of soemthing else.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Once you know the truth, it will set you free.

You're not going to find it in the pages of any book. If you want to learn for yourself what was said or not said, what is true and what isn't, first get all the data together that you can find, apply logic, then meditate diligently, then apply some more logic....keep seeking, knocking and asking....find that little voice within, and trust your intuition.

Take a course in astral projection, learn to wake up in a dream, and go ask Jesus for yourself, or whoever else you want to find up there. Paul did it on the road to Damascus, and in his "third heaven" excursion. Until we experience self-realization, we are merely projecting our opinions onto others, no matter how much "proof" we might have for our beliefs.

If Jesus really said "no one comes to the Father except through ME", and he really meant his individual self, then he condemned most of the world, all his teachings of Oneness are false and he was a liar. I don't think Jesus ever lied. But yes the scribes did.

If he meant the Christ energy that he incarnated within himself, which we all have inside of us with the potential to be awakened, then every religion and every culture has its Christ, its savior energy which comes into their temple bodies through the SUN of God, and that is the only way any of it makes sense. You have to build a solar body and this is the secret teaching of Christianity and every other major religion.

We are all connected, that's the key to understanding the Bible. No one is an entity unto himself, disconnected from the rest. That's the big illusion. That's why my favorite chapter in the whole Bible is John 17.

~PS

• snowbird
    snowbird

Oh, He was something special alright!

John 15:12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. NIV

How many of us would die willingly for someone else?

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit