Soldiers of Jah

by cofty 214 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cofty
    cofty

Apart from the Calvinists who are about to point out that you and I can't earn our way into heaven through works, your proposal is absolutely the logical outcome of the best efforts of xtian apologists to square this particular circle.

Good god or inerrant bible - you choose, you can't have both.

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

I choose Good God and a Bible not always literal but nonetheless inerrant, in that it serves the purposes of God.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Apart from the Calvinists who are about to point out that you and I can't earn our way into heaven through works

Faith without works is dead.

• cofty
    cofty

That doesn't work BJW. If the bible is inerrant then god ordered the cold blooded slaughter of thousands of babies. You have yet to explain how he can still be good.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

I choose Good God and a Bible not always literal but nonetheless inerrant, in that it serves the purposes of God.

If his purpose is to develop a contradictory collection of re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-edited works that makes him look like a dick, then.....

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Maybe they were zombies, cofty. Then it would be cool. Killing zombies of any age is cool. God was supressing the zombie uprising.

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

I explained my position in my post above. Remember I said, "I choose Good God and a Bible not always literal but nonetheless inerrant, in that it serves the purposes of God." The OT as written is good because it serves a good purpose.

• cofty
    cofty

That is an obvious evasion. How is god good if he ordered the massacre of babies?

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

That is an obvious evasion. How is god good if he ordered the massacre of babies?

Ah, cofty, I just had an insight....perhaps the purpose was to instill fear and create a maniacal dread of YHWH in the surrounding nations by making appear to be the most bloodthirty and ruthless person possible, all powerful and willing to destroy your entire nation for spite and to make all others cower in fear and surrender without a fight before the mere mention of your name. Once the Romans proved that the Jews and therefore their god was NOT indominable, however, they switch to free love and hippie spirituality.

He was originally supposed to rule by fear and when that ulitmately failed, love took it's place.

Unless of course, my zombie uprising theory is correct.

• cofty
    cofty

hahaha I think you have stumbled on the only logical answer.

I'm off to bed its way too late here in Scottish Borders. See you all tomorrow night

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit