Not surprisingly, the rumor mill has started...

by SweetBabyCheezits 66 Replies latest jw friends

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Cheezits, you've a PM.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Maybe this will help.

gay dogs

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

SBC I said this before.

I found out I was Dying from AIDS from an ex sister who called me brave!

Then I understood why I was Brave. Oh I'm Dying from AIDS! Thats the rumor about me... nice nice..

• bez
    bez

We are just having the usual 'apostate' name tagged on us which keeps everyone away from us like we have some sort of contagious disease... yet looks like they are all happy to try to nosey into our lives in whatever means possible!!!

I remember hearing of an ex bro an sis in the area we live, i didnt even know them personally but it was being branded about that they were 'apostates' and that the wife had 'tempted' the husband out of it like eve had 'tempted' adam with the apple! Sadly i remember being intrigued myself by these 'raging apostates' and found myself listening in on conversations about them! omg , what a sad life i had!

Now i am sure the same conversations are taking place about us and no one has anything better to do other that listen in and continue to spread the lies like chinese whispers!!

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

SBC, I always knew you were a womanizing homosexual talking to God drug dealing child molesting gambling alcoholic apostate.

Welcome to the club.

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

As one of the gay friends on your facebook page, I've got to tell you that the whole situation pisses me off for you. I believe you've made your reasons for leaving the organization perfectly clear. I guess it is easier for them to believe that you have a moral deficiency rather than legitimate issues with their religion.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

VB, I'd take a true friend who is gay over a thousand self-righteous, prejudice, slandering JWs any day. (Not that they all are that way but that applies to the ones who ARE.) You're a true brother.

Soooooo, thanks to everyone for sharing your own experiences of slander you experienced. It really is incredible what some JWs will come up with to tear a reputation apart. But now I feel like a moron because I just found out that the guy who left that comment on Facebook was kidding about the gay rumor. He said he was trying to find out - lightheartedly - if we were really disfellowshipped. I initially sent him a PM to confirm but took him seriously in the meantime. I kick myself for that. Sorry for stirring the pot! I'm an idiot.

On the bright side, this friend has been out for several years following a break from his wife (while a MS) but never thoroughly investigated the negative side of JWs. After chatting with him on FB this eve, it sounds like he'll be looking into Ray Franz and Crisis. One can hope, eh? But even if he doesn't, he's a smart guy and said he wouldn't be going back without satisfying answers to some tough questions he's had since he's been out.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Wow SBC, I had no idea you were gay.

• laverite
    laverite

Becks, Sweet Baby isn't gay. It was all a misunderstanding on facebook.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

LV, I think beksbks is pullin my chain... which I deserve for not verifying the FB comment before posting here.

Also, LV, I wanted to clarify that I didn't mean to imply that "having a reputation as a family man is incompatible with being gay." Only that such a rumor - from a JW perspective- could be spoken to hurt my reputation and discredit me.

That said, I'm from the bible-belt and generally ignorant about these things so please bear with me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit