Not surprisingly, the rumor mill has started...

by SweetBabyCheezits 66 Replies latest jw friends

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

My wife and I have not even been DF'd for a week and an old friend on FB (an inactive JW who has active JW friends who used to be friends of mine) says there's a rumor going around that I'm gay. Wow. Really JWs? Really? We were banking on standard adultery as being typical JW assumption. I suppose my wife is a lesbian now, too?

Maybe he was kidding, I don't know. But I wouldn't be completely surprised if he really heard that. JW prejudice is not new. Oh, wait, I'm a straight guy who has three gay friends on FB and I'm "not ashamed of them like I should be." (Quotes reflect frame of mind JWs probably had as I figure that's how this started.) Gasp! That must make me gay! Yeah, only to a prejudice bigot.

Due to my upbringing, I've had to make an effort to clear out my prejudice against the gay community, which is the reason I can now have gay friends and not feel like I'm condoning the equivalent of pedophilia. But these JWs know I'm straight and happily married. I'm not pissed because I think gays are from the devil but because it's a lie and it presumably tries to attack the relationship I have with my wife or my reputation as a family guy.

And to think this must've been started by people who were "friends" not even a week ago. I honestly think some of them are pissed off because I've been assertive about the negative effects of their religion. (I posted a farewell letter on FB instead of my Manifesto idea.) And all this time I've been trying to avoid any anger towards individuals but WTF?!

There's part of me that says who gives a f@ck, let em think what they want. People are going to make up senseless shit just to try and make me and my family look bad. Why should I care? They aren't my friends anymore. I know reality and my wife does, too. It's hardly more insulting than if they said I was an adopted child. I wouldn't pay any attention to that, why should I pay any attention to this?

And even though I tell myself that, I still wish those old friends had enough respect for me to not spread fucking lies. THAT is cowardly BS.

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

It gets worse. My wife and I were being accused of starting our own religious church and printing magazines in deliberate opposition to the Watchtower. Those people are morons...

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Haha... True, Sam. My mom was being facetious and asking a few months ago about the new religion we made up, how many members we had, etc... It's the depth of brainwashing, I guess. There can't be a legit reason for someone leaving so there must be some underlying reason.

I try so hard to give the individual JWs the benefit of a doubt and instead direct my frustration toward the pulishing corporation/control group. This makes it difficult.

Need to remind myself that their opinion simply isn't worth shit.

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

This is a just one of the reasons why I think its a great idea to put a notice in the local newspaper (if you know for a fact you're going out, DF or DA) just to put the local rumor mill to rest. Maybe say something along the lines of;

Just wanted all my family and former acquaintances to know the reason I'm no longer going to be a J.W. is I couldn't put up with the BS,lies,contradictions and misrepresentations coming from headquarters any longer. If you wish to remain that is your prerogative, but I value truth and facts over the constantly changing doctrine of men that make it up as they go along up there in Bethel HQ. I have no ill will against any of you personally but wanted to set the record straight to why I'm leaving.

Sincerely XXXXX

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

Great idea Stonewall. Never thought of that one. The Dubs are so stupid, next thing you'd hear is 'did you see what that gay brother wrote in the local paper?'

Feckin morons.

• Roski
    Roski

After a number of years out I heard I had converted to Islam...that's as well as being materialistic.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Whatever lie or slander it takes to protect the cult from looking bad. No one can leave with dignity. If you think you did, then you probably are not aware of what the JW's are gossiping about you.

Think About It

• mamalove
    mamalove

That is unfortunate that they have to make up rumors. They assume it always has to do with sex...ridiculous! I hope you and Mrs Cheeze and the kids are doing well!

• zoiks
    zoiks

SBC - it is typical and common, and very sad. Many of us faders also hear about all of the crazy things we are purportedly doing. I guess the 'friends' aren't busy enough...

• baltar447
    baltar447

Oh nos! You caught teh ghey!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit