Dating a JW for 3 yrs

by justbreathe825 92 Replies latest social relationships

• justbreathe825
    justbreathe825

Incognito, I am not breaking up in a public forum. maybe what i said gives that impression. I just wish him best that's all...we obvioulsy talked before I posted this. Anyway I am better off not saying anything private like that you are right. But this website doesn't allow you to edit or delete anything!

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

Justbreathe, my heart goes out to you, no-one here would want to hurt your bf no matter what, everyone here has had their fair share of hurt and would never dish it out.

We were just here to support you and your anxieties.

Elder Patrol said it all, your bf is a good catch for a witness girl or someone who is seriously going to become one, but perhaps isn't right for you.

I have always had a strong faith and always will. I went along to the meetings regularly before we got married but I did say at the beginning I couldn't promise to become a JW. However, after marrying I seriously wanted to get baptised, that is how strong I felt. However, to be referred to in derogatory terms e.g. "he married a wordly girl, or he married a non-believer" is so not true. It was this kind of talk that put me off.

The next step would have been "she's not out on the Ministry as much as the others" or "she doesn't attend meetings as regularly as she should" I was looking for Christian love not conditional love.

You are only on this site because you care so much for your bf and were looking for a way to make it work. This is positive because your feelings are so strong for him.

Marriage is hard enough at times without your local Elders interfering. For me I couldn't bear to have my loved one referred to as "non-believer" or such like I am sure your bf couldn't bear it either. He would hate to hear you talked about in those terms which is what would happen.

Again, Justbreathe everyone here is kind and wouldn't wish anything bad for your bf or you.

• justbreathe825
    justbreathe825

Little Imp thank you for your kind works...I also feel related to what you said about the meetings they constantly remind people not to associate with non-believers and that makes u feel uncomfortable. At some point somebody told me that it was my bfs fault for not following the elder's counsel and that I shouldn't feel bad...well he obviously loved me and what's wrong with that? as far as I am concern he didn't do anything bad, they just wanted him to feel guilty for loving a "wordly girl". He has put up with so much this poor guy. I certainly believe he is a good catch :) he's a great guy with a very kind heart..he is just in a very difficult situation.

• justbreathe825
  • MMXIV
    MMXIV

I think it's policy not to delete them.

I don't think you should feel guilty though. No-one here will ever know you or your bf unless you tell us, and we still probably won't know you. You have every right to discuss what you think and feel. I understand that your bf might feel hurt that you were questioning your relationship with him (I would have felt hurt). That is between the two of you - no different to him reading your personal thoughts in a diary.

So I say again you should not feel guilty as you have done nothing wrong. Honesty is a good thing. You should be able to research your views and see what similar people may have experienced. You have done this in an anonymous way.

I hope the two of you continue to read what others have and are experiencing on this site. Or look at the information that is presented on jwfacts.com.

Regards

mmxiv

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    I mean he can do whatever the heck he wants but why force kids...

As someone who was in his position, I can answer this. (Waves to BF)

BF is welcome to tell you, or us, why I am wrong and quote WT articles to prove his point. BTW, you can't delete a thread. Only the moderators can do that.

The WT teaches that Armageddon is coming soon and will kill all non-Jehovah's Witnesses except those that have not had the message delivered to them. This includes innocent children. Therefore, if he doesn't take his children to the KH, he will feel responsible for their certain deaths at Armageddon, which happens soon.

This is the type of imagery I was brought up with. Paradise book, 1958.

Notice the girl holding the doll falling into the crack. Her parents were obviously not JWs. As a child I was very happy mine were, as they would provide me with some protection. The problem was, Dad's killer god never showed up and got on with it. Many of my schoolmates, who were going to be killed so soon that I was reluctant to get too friendly with any of them, are now dead from cancer, heart disease and accidents, and Dad has lost his credibility. He still thinks his god is going to kill me soon, but he won't answer any of my questions with honesty and integrity, preferring to ignor, pretend he forgot, divert attention, attack my reason for asking the question, attack my character etc.. All tactics I have heard him accusing other religionists of using.

It hasn't changed much. This is from the September 1st 1997 WT. BF should show you a copy.

In order for me to keep 'believing', I had to sweep a lot of stuff under the carpet. Questions that should have been asked as a child, weren't asked until I was in my 50's. As a child "Nothing else is to be believed under my roof." and "You wouldn't want to displease your Heavenly Father now, would you?" were used to squash questioning. Dad said some loopy stuff at times. I watched a Lutheran trash him on his imortal soul doctrine. Dad made a complete fool of himself in front of his kid and his wife, but when you live under that type of control the questions it raises go under the rug with all the other questions. I knew as a child that we knew how long each king of Babylon reigned for and that all experts in the field calculated that Jerusalem fell in 586/7, not 607, but it just goes under the rug. Every now and again you get reminded of something and you have to sweep it back under again.

It stays that way until you grow a pair and confront every issue head on, being totally honest with yourself. When you have been brought up as a JW kid, this is not something you are skilled at. I recommend you both study Teach Your Child How to Think or any other book that teaches critical thinking skills.

Chris

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, the WTS has not said that every non-jw will have a personal witness. That they will still die at Armaggeddon.

*** w00 1/15 p. 13 par. 17 "Keep on the Watch" ***

Fifth, we see a global preaching work being accomplished, which Jesus said would take place just before the end of this system. Jesus stated: "This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." (Matthew 24:14) Today, that prophecy is in the course of fulfillment on an unprecedented scale.True, untouched territories still exist, and it may be that in Jehovah’s due time, a large door leading to greater activity will open. (1 Corinthians 16:9) Nevertheless, the Bible does not state that Jehovah will wait until every individual on earth has received a personal witness. Rather, the good news must be preached to Jehovah’s satisfaction. Then the end will come.—Compare Matthew 10:23.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I don't think it's fair for BF to complain about your posting about him here.

We don't know who you are, or who he is.

I also think that rather than complain that he is hurt by criticism, he should put some effort into demonstrating that it isn't deserved, or, if it is deserved, dealing with it.

• 1Robinella
    1Robinella

"Ayyyyyy what a dilemma...I wish I could just say heck with all this and find myself a new guy but ahhhh some of us are just too weak!"

Seriously? Too weak? Geez. I had hope for you.

• 1Robinella
    1Robinella

Love does not dominate; it cultivates.

-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit