I just want to cry

by sabastious 36 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious

But it's so hard for me to let out the tears. I think it has to do with how my dad raised me. Crying was very looked down upon.

Just got done reading chapter 4 of Combatting Cult Mind Control. Once I was done, I felt like I was inside an emotional tornado. It's all so true! The GB obviously knows what they are doing. They are purposefully imparting these tactics on the members... MY FAMILY!

Removal of Book Studies in peoples home = they don't trust the members in such a casual environment anymore (because people like me are leaving and speaking out!)

Separation of the two Watchtowers = better public image (because the public has access to the real information because of the ex members!) - This is proven by reading the public WT. It has lax views on leaving the Organization and their view on homosexuality.

^ These are information control tactics that have been implemeted RECENTLY... THEY ARE STILL DOING IT!

It's an unexplainable pain. Knowing that your family is under the effects of mind control as they shun and ostracize you. They are spying on me on this very forum, putting together "evidence" of apostasy.

HEY GUYS!

I want to cry!

I want to let it out, but it doesn't come. It just stays within and eats away like an acid.

-Sab

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Have you seen Fight Club? Maybe you need to find a good Bob.

"Let it out, Cornelius."

Sorry, dude. I don't know what to say but I think a good cry would help.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Oh Sab...I wish there were things we could do or say to 'fix' it for each other...as it is I can only empathise with you and send you a hug....what they do in the Org is unforgiveable....

Loz x

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Get you a good sad movie. Watch it so you can get a good cry going. You will feel better after.

• pirata
    pirata

TOY STORY 3. It will bring even the most hardened of men to tears.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

bang your head against the wall, eventually you will

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

Watch Marley and Me.

• ReallyTrulyAthena
    ReallyTrulyAthena
    It's an unexplainable pain. Knowing that your family is under the effects of mind control as they shun and ostracize you.

This. X 1,000. ((sabastious)) I'm newer here so I hope you don't mind my two cents...this post touched me and I completely empathize. My father is still being manipulated by the cult, and at the cost of destroying his family.

I haven't read Combatting Mind Control Yet -- only dribs and drabs -- because I fear what pain it may still wreak in my heart and soul.

For lack of better words, I'm glad you want to cry...and not let it tear and eat away at you. If you can get to that point of crying and letting it all out, may it be as Whitman said:

I too am not a bit tamed, I too am untranslatable,I sound my barbaric YAWP over the roofs of the world.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Sab,

It is hard to know that although we are free are friends and families are still trapped. Just hope they too will see through it soon.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

pirata I thought I was weird for crying during toy story 3. I thought that that fire scene at the dump was a bit much for a rated g kids movie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit