I just want to cry

by sabastious 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Go w the pain. It shouldn't be stuffed, or it will stay there and do something negative. Go through it fully, and then move ahead.

S

• tec
    tec

((((Sab))))

You know, extreme emotion of any kind can trigger tears sometimes. Even great joy. You ever see those people who are laughing so hard, and then they finally get to release all their pent up tears and it comes out in a flood? Sort of like that. Perhaps since its on your mind, something will trigger it now, and the tears will come at the strangest thing.

Tammy

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

One thing I've noticed is it's hard to feel acute sadness if you don't feel joy either. It's hard to feel anything if you feel dead inside. I don't know what your situation is but I have my doubts you've actually been depressed long term which leads to that "dead" feeling. Maybe I'm wrong. Whatever you're going through, I wish you the best.

Have one on me...

V665

• 1Robinella
    1Robinella

What's interesting to me is that I am a sensitive person, the one to cry at a movie, book or someone pissed me off. lol. But once I left the "truth" I didn't shed a tear. For me it was a sense of relief. lol. I couldn't wait to buy my first christmas tree. lol. The only person in my entire family that is still in this religion is my brother and mother. Lately even my brother is having "doubts" and he's a MS. He gives talks at the assembly and admitted this to me recently. I almost fell off my chair when he brought it up. My mother is knee deep into this religion and I think it's because she is 73 years old, that's all she's ever known, she has many girlfriends for support (driving to assemblys, lunch, service, doctor appointments, etc) She's too old to change her ways. I respect her, but not her choices. That's okay. I still love her but she's so closed minded to any other ideas outside the JW organization. Sometimes while she's talking I feel I can see right through her and inside my head I'm "shaking my head" in disbelief. This religion really teaches people to shut their minds off. I can't believe I was in it for so long.

All I can say is be strong and pray for strength and clarity. It's really hard but maybe through your example you will make someone else in your family think about what they are doing and join you. In a way, you have a family here even though I've never met you...always remember we ALL have gone through this and are stonger today for it. I don't know what else to say and I just hope you can smile. If you really just want to let the water works flow rent a sad sad movie or think about something else to make you cry and let it all out. You'll feel better, that's for sure...

peace

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

You have to let it out. No, let me rephrase that. You MUST let it out because that shit will wrap it's poison fingers around your heart and squeeze the life out of you. Beleive me I know what you're feeling, because I remember, and will forever, the day I finally let it out for the first time. Do whatever you have to do to get it out.

If you can't talk it out then put it down on paper. Write a journal and lock it away. Nobody has to see it, just you.

((((((sab)))))))

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Just wanted to say I can identify with your pain and the inability to let it out.

(((((Sab)))))

• zoiks
    zoiks

I hear you, Sab. It's an awful thing, their being trapped yet viewing you as a danger. The way that this is intentionally instilled in them. It hurts because you're a caring individual, and the WTS didn't take that from you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit