At what point did you realize JW's were a Cult?

by Think About It 184 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Jehovah's Witnesses are a cult?

• cantleave
    cantleave

You can change a name but when it comes to apologists you can always say............

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

You got that straight, cantleave.

• debator
    debator

Hi wannabe

According to most governments, human right courts and in fact supreme courts as well, witnesses are not a cult but apparently that means nothing compared to the opinion of ex-Jws on here!

Hi Nickolas

in this case the governments you vote for agree with me that Witnesses are not a cult, are they crap too in your opinion?

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Funny smell in here ... anyone else notice it?

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

I have noticed that cult members tend to latch onto scientific or political proclamations when it suits them, dismissing all others out of hand.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

He Debator, I'm enjoying reading through this debate, and I see where your coming from. However, I've got questions.

You've spent a sufficient amount of time reasonably making the case that the WT/JWs are not a cult. Let me ask you, if the WT/JW is not a cult, how would you define them considering the amount of control they wish to exert upon their publishers? How would you define their secrecy and fear of dissention, and intellectual criticizm? Is it safe to say that if they're not a cult, they're at the least a high control group?

If possible, please don't speak on Debator's behalf, I'd like to hear what Debator's answer to this is.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Hold your nose.

• debator
    debator

Hi misery

thank you for seeing my point of view but I didn't fall for the loaded question of this titled forum do you think I would fall for a more detailed one from you?

I do not agree with any of those points.

There are two laws we as humans live by

Secular law

Moral law

The government by God's allowance are abiters of secular law atm And Jesus God's son made our shepherds which we choose from among ourselves as administrators of God's moral law for the whole flock.

I willingly subject myself to God's moral law.

You have no problem recognising the authority of governments given secular law so why do have a problem with shepherds that help us live by God's moral laws?

• poppers
    poppers

The government by God's allowance are abitors of secular atm]

Huh? What's secular atm]?

And Jesus made our shepherds which we choose from among ourselves as administrators of God's moral law for the whole flock.

I willingly subject myself to God's moral law.

You willingly subject yourself to God's moral law, a cultic organization which interprets "moral law" as they see fit - "Do and think as we say, or else!" Clearly cultic control measures.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit