At what point did you realize JW's were a Cult?

by Think About It 184 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• debator
    debator

Isaac

if you are making points to me please use my name or you simply may not get a reply it is hard enough wading through tons of replies to debator without looking for whatever bazaar name you are using for me.

• debator
    debator

Hi yourmoma

You talk about logical fallicies, does that mean you would recognise them when use like the loaded question of this particular thread title?

Is it honest to call witnesses a Cult when Governments, Supreme courts and human rights groups all deny this?

Who is being dishonest here?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

-BATOR: Is it honest to call witnesses a Cult when Governments, Supreme courts and human rights groups all deny this?

MY REPLY: Being that the world in general does not know the inner workings of the org, while many here do - from experience- yes it is extremely honest and shows the needs for education and exposure.

• debator
    debator

I will say this Isaac

Your posts are interesting

Is Jesus just a magic wand we wave to save ourselves? and all he taught is irrelevent? Which seems to be the point you are making. To you that scripture means simply Unity under jesus but not in belief? lol even for you that is a weird argument?

On saying that, the recent visit from the pope and watching various religious heads trying to tango with each other. That is maybe were they are heading. Rejection of unity of belief in favour of Jesus as a talisman.

The actual Bible is always the sticking point of this argument which would make the bible irrelevent. All we would need a one page with Jesus's name on it.

• bohm
    bohm

waaatch this:

Debator: Can you mention one single group which is a cult?

("How to proove you are not part of a cult. Step1: Define cults in such a way no cults exist...")

• debator
    debator

Hi bohm

This debate isn't if Cults exist? or even how they are defined? You already said it was a sliding scale and that all groups have cult-like tendencies to varying degrees which either makes them all cults or all not cults. Is America cult because it makes people say the pledge of allegience on pain of imprisonment?

There obviously is a current world standard of Cult which the Witnesses simply do not conform too hense why Governments, Supreme courts and human rights groups do not consider us a cult. Are you trying to redefine what these Authorities accept as a cult or not?

Are you saying these Authorities (one of which you voted for) do not correctly define cults because they have not made witnesses one? that is rather circular reasoning you know?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Being in a cult is like being in an adulterous relationship, you don't ask the person in it if he/she is cheating (they will make up 101views and opinions and excuses), you ask the person being cheated on.

So you don't ask a cult member if they are in one, you ask the victims of the cult.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Unity of belief should be just that - unity. Not being told what you must believe in order to give the appearance of unity which is why it's a ridiculous concept in the first place.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

-BATOR SAID:

I will say this Isaac

Your posts are interesting

Is Jesus just a magic wand we wave to save ourselves? and all he taught is irrelevent? Which seems to be the point you are making. To you that scripture means simply Unity under jesus but not in belief? lol even for you that is a weird argument?

My reply: Unity in looking toward Jesus, in following his example. 1 Cor was not calling for uniformity of belief, disallowing differences in beleifs or interpretations...which Paul himself makes clear throughout his writings.

-Bator said:

On saying that the recent visit from the pope and watching various religious heads try and tango with each other. That is maybe were they are heading. Rejection of unity of belief in favour of Jesus as a talisman.

The actual Bible is always the sticking point of this argument which would make the bible irrelevent. All we would need a one page with Jesus's name on it.

My reply: You're blindness to grace and looking for works to save yourself leads you to these circles you can not escape. You (like JWs) have a concept of a very judaiazed new covenant.

• debator
    debator

Hi psacrmento

Your viewpoint is simply convicting them before the trial. Assumption of guilt. which is hardly objective.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit