At what point did you realize JW's were a Cult?

by Think About It 184 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• debator
    debator

Hi designs

the instructions against division making and causing controversies are biblical.

1 Corinthians 1:10
    I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought.

1 Timothy 6:3-5 (New International Version)

3 If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, 4 he is conceited and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions 5 and constant friction between men of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain. Christendom is heading towards an unbiblical ecumenicalism of today, which tells us to forget all doctrine for sake of unity. They use Jesus as a talisman not a bringer of a life-saving message we then live by in harmony with already established Bible truths.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Ren/Debator:

What kind of divisions?

10I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought. 11 My brothers, some from Chloe's household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. 12 What I mean is this: One of you says, "I follow Paul"; another, "I follow Apollos"; another, "I follow Cephas [a] "; still another, "I follow Christ."

13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized into [b] the name of Paul? 14 I am thankful that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 so no one can say that you were baptized into my name. 16 (Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don't remember if I baptized anyone else.) 17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

Oh, he means don't form sects and follow other men...follow Christ...be united in the coming of Jesus and looking toward him. He is not instructing to follow the commands of man, or cultic leaders such as the GB.

You then quoted:

1 Timothy 6:3-5 (New International Version)

3 If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, 4 he is conceited and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions 5 and constant friction between men of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain. Christendom is heading towards an unbiblical ecumenicalism of today, which tells us to forget all doctrine for sake of unity. They use Jesus as a talisman not a bringing of a life-saving message we then live by. My reply: The GB demands are false doctrine and certainly not the sound instruction of Jesus or godly teaching.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Rennia said:They use Jesus as a talisman not a bringing of a life-saving message we then live by.

My reply: You mean like the blood ban that has killed many? You are a true idiot Reniaa.

• yknot
    yknot

Well I started getting ""suspicious"" when my 'links' started being shut down at their request

Anywho... got email this morning: Full KS Book link will arrive today.....pass the word

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    Hi black sheep
    You would have show me the full article to see what point that particular watchtower was making from the bible.

I said where it was. It's your literature. Look it up.

Your story is a weird one since the NWT puts the "and" there?
    NWT john 20: 28 In answer Thomas said to him: “My Lord and my God!”
    as does the NIV
    John 20:28 (New International Version)
    28 Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"
    We do reference other Bibles occasionally but on the whole we use the NWT which uses the "And"
    Your point remains unclear?

Try to answer my question and you might get my point.

What makes a man, who prides himself on his honesty, try to deceive his son into reading scriptures missing out words to alter the meaning to suit his religious leader's Christology?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit