At what point did you realize JW's were a Cult?

by Think About It 184 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Watchtowers Witnesses
    Watchtowers Witnesses

Keep dodging the question Debator. It shows how pathetic your defense of the Watchtower Cult is. Do you think scientology is a cult?

My definition of a Cult is when it is established as a cult by the human-rights organisation. But Witnesses have been upheld as a religion by the European human rights court and it doesn't get any higher than that in the world.

So that's how you define what the JW's are, you're sighting a worldy government organization as an authority on the subject. Aren't they under the control of Satan, according to the Watchtower Cult?

• designs
    designs

Shunning friends and family over differences on 'Ideas'.

• bohm
    bohm

Watchtowers - check this out which i posted on the previous page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_Scientology_Moscow_v._Russia

The ECHR which Debator mentioned ruled IN FAVOR of scientology and specifically that they WAS a religion. According to debators definition, they are NOT a cult.

And we all know what a free-thinking bunch scientology is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPol_m8wm8Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUiUyVqOuJI

It remains a good question if debator can name a single group he consider a cult. It also remains a good question what standards eg. the ECHR use to evaluate if a group is a cult or not. Personally i think they dont even evaluate that, since its some something they want to get involved in.

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

designs,

I read your experience even if debator dodged it. I'm very sorry. There is no answer to what you wrote. There is no debate just as there is no wife for that man and no mother for that girl. That is what a cult does. It harms people.

mmxiv

• bohm
    bohm

Designs: I missed your post. I am truly sorry. That is an experience that will allways remain with someone with a conscience . It is so cruel to think of the people who are crippled for completely arbitrary ideas which are drilled into good men and womans heads.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Interesting thread. I read it through (with the exception of debator's posts and replies to them - I have wasted enough time attempting to debunk his/her nonsense and have at last come to realise that his/her opinions are not worth the teenie, weenie fractions of bandwidth they take up - which generally makes for a more enlightening dissertation without the useless baggage.)

THIS quote was powerful, for obvious reasons.

“When our own thoughts are forbidden, when our questions are not allowed and our doubts are punished, when contacts and friendships outside of the organization are censored, we are being abused for an end that never justifies its means. When our heart aches knowing we have made friendships that will be forever forbidden if we leave, we are in danger. When we consider staying in a group because we cannot bear the loss, disappointment and sorrow our leaving will cause for ourselves and those we have come to love, we are in a cult.”

Deborah Layton- Jonestown Survivor

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Related. . .

A classic video from the 70's on 'How to Start a Cult'. (NOTE: PG-13 content.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnNSe5XYp6E

• debator
    debator

Wow

You actually did it anyway

"Scientology are cult therefore witnesses are a cult"

let me introduce you to the world of fallacies.

non sequitur

The fallacy of the undistributed middle is a logical fallacy that is committed when the middle term in a categorical syllogism is not distributed. It is thus a syllogistic fallacy. More specifically it is also a form of non sequitur.

The fallacy of the undistributed middle takes the following form:

1. All Zs are Bs.
    2. Y is a B.
    3. Therefore, Y is a Z.

Do you think introducing scientology as a non sequitor helps your debate?

• debator
    debator

Hi nicholas

You didn't read my replies then you enforcing your own cult on yourself by the definition of it on here.

To others

What is a cult?

So a far the equation from peoples point of view on here is...

[ ] = Cult

fill in the blank from your own opinion.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

I have read many, many of your posts, debator and crap is crap. When it is clear you are talking to someone who refuses to hear, you need to shake the dust off your sandles and move on, you understand that and can probably quote scripture and verse once you look it up. I have moved on from you and your opinions, as have so many others in here. Perhaps it is time to change your nick again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit