Pray for the Governing Body

by pirata 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pirata
    pirata

I was told that at the 2010 Annual Meeting, JWs were asked to pray for the governing body to remain(?) discreet and make wise decisions.

Please include this in your prayers.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Sounds like God hasn't been taking their calls lately and they're getting desperate.

• bottleofwater
    bottleofwater

Wait, so they've been making foolish decisions all along? Oh wait...

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

What is "AGM"? If it's the annual meeting, what does the "G" stand for? Wow...I guess I should know this since I was at bethel and have been to some of them...

Why pray to keep them "DISCREET"? Do they or the R&F really know what the word "DISCREET" means? Don't they realize that the immediate connotation is privacy or secrecy?I know they don't apply it this way, but the word "WISE" is the correct translation.

Another definition is "self restaint". Hmm....maybe they are wanting to restrain themselves from launching an all out assult on "apostates"?

Bring it....

• pirata
    pirata

I meant Annual meeting. I may have used the wrong acronym.

• cantleave
    cantleave

We asked to include the FDS in our prayers years ago.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

So the GB are having problems with being DISCREET? Is that why we are asked to pray for them? Hey you GB fucktards, last I read in your bullshit mags you guys were 'spirit directed', why don't you channel that spirit direction towards being discreet and STFU!

What a bunch of asshats.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Yes I pray for the FDSL and the GB to have diarrhea for an entire year always

........for which you channel your holy spirit through....... Amen

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Our last CO visit this was emphasized during a service meeting. Especially to remember the GB in your prayers on Wednesday as that is the day they meet and can use all the help they can get in these final moments of the last days.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Final moments of THEIR last days...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit