Pray for the Governing Body

by pirata 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bennyk
    bennyk

Don't you mean that they requested that the "Brothers" pray to the Governing Body?

It seems more likely in view of the recent Watchtower mags...

• pirata
    pirata
    Don't you mean that they requested that the "Brothers" pray to the Governing Body?

Not yet. Currently we folow Jesus by following the Governing Body, and we are the F&DS' friends since Jesus is only the mediator for them. The great crowd is still allowed to pray through Jesus' name to Jehovah.

• tec
    tec

Jesus is the mediator between God and men, not between God and the FDS. Unless there's a scripture for that somewhere that I missed?

Tammy

• elderelite
    elderelite

no tammy, you didn't miss the scripture, you missed the WT article

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

*** w54 10/15 p. 622 Why Prayers Go Unanswered ***
    Now what does it mean to pray in the right manner? First of all it means to approach Jehovah in the name of Christ Jesus, who the Bible says is the "one mediator between God and men." So can one expect an answer to his prayer if he does not ask it in Jesus' name? Said the Son of God himself: "No one comes to the Father except through me." Since Christ is the only mediator, the "one mediator," there can be no more mediators between God and men.

I am so confused

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29BoqCMRBFk&feature=related

• Farkel
    Farkel

Somebody ought to pray for them because God ain't listening to their own prayers to Him. In fact, God's ignored them for 120 years and counting. Unless God answered their pleas for self-worship, glory and money, that is.

So, I'll pray:

"Dear God,

"Please protect your flock from those thieving, lying, murderous, child-abuser protecting, block-sucking, evil bastards."

"Amen."

There. I prayed.

Farkel

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Although I'm not a JW, I certainly don't hold anything against those who wish to believe. In these troubled times, I pray for the leaders of all churches. We certainly need these people to be making the right decisions and to be increasing in knowledge and wisdom. I see nothing wrong with praying for the Governing Body, and I think our prayers should be with them, especially when it comes to their making the right decisions.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

No use praying for them. It's all a lost cause anyway...

V665

• ziddina
    ziddina

So, let me get this straight....

I need to pray to "god" for the Gov.Bod???

Why, sure, I'll be HAPPY to do that!!!

[But it will be the deity of MY choice, by the way!!! ]

Kali, Hecaté, Sekhmet, AukNuk, Cerridwen, Rhiannon, Coatlique, Ammit, Nemesis, Valkyries, Baba Yaga, and all other GODDESSES of Justice, Life and Death...

Grant to the Governing Body of the Watchtower Society, that which they most fully deserve...

As you will it, so mote it be...

Zid

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Hell will freeze over before i pray for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit