Strangest comment

by drewcoul 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

What is the strangest or most wacked-out comment or answer you've ever heard at a WT or Book Study?

I remember at the cong. WT study, we were studying about the Jews being led out of Egypt by Moses. The conductor asked "What seeming advantages did the Egyptians have?".....One lady was called on and said....I kid you not......"Guns. The Egyptians had guns, but the Jews didn't have any weapons."

I looked over at my wife and said..."Did she just say "guns?"......She started laughing so hard she had to go to the bathroom to compose herself.

Anyone have any other strange comments or answers they remember?

• zoiks
    zoiks

A fiesty old German man used to terrorize our BS conductor with his comments. One was this:

"There was a man at work who I really didn't like. A very bad man. One day, we were all alone at a subway stop, and the thought occurred to me that I could just push the man in front of the train, and nobody would know. But then, I thought, Jehovah would know. So I didn't push him. Then he ended up dying less than a year later anyway, so everything worked out."

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

One older sister was commenting on how people do things differently with the same resutles.

She gave the example of how some women have large breast and some have small. But they both produce the same amount of milk.

• cantleave
    cantleave

One older sister was commenting on how people do things differently with the same resutles.

She gave the example of how some women have large breast and some have small. But they both produce the same amount of milk.

She could have used testicles, same rule applies

• booby
    booby

This is a bit off topic, but I remember the meeting when an older brother was called on to close with prayer. It was all a bit confusing and embarrasing since he was asleep and had to get his bearings after awakening. In the same vein was the meeting where two hard of hearing brothers each thought it was them that was called on for prayer and both stood and began praying. That congregation had quite a few elderly.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

On the prayer thing we had a brother who tried to incorporate a scripture from the meeting into his prayer. The scripture was the one about the bible being an Ox goad the prayer was 'thankyou for your word which is as good as oxtails to us.'

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

We had a guy giving a prayer and asking Jehovah to help us to "put up a hard fart for the faith". He got so embarassed he quickly ended the prayer. We've had a couple people mistakenly swear during a talk/prayer. One MS in my old hall said, "Jehovah you put up with so much of our crap. Please forgive us because we screw up so often." A few weeks ago we had a brother, during a public talk say, "I don't know what they hell they were thinking!"

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

also another "older" person story...

an older brother who served in the air force & was in hawaii during the time of pearl harbor told the cong. about how he and the other men would go out and nite and sneak to watch the native women bathing outside naked & how the other men would laugh and make suggestive comments...but HE NEVER DID!! ok....that was random brother davis.... what was the question on paragraph 10?????

CHG

• Ding
    Ding

With regard to BD's post, a couple comments:

1. "One MS in my old hall said, "Jehovah you put up with so much of our crap. Please forgive us because we screw up so often."

Hey, I like this guy. At least he doesn't pray stock, formalized thee and thou prayers.

2. A few weeks ago we had a brother, during a public talk say, "I don't know what they hell they were thinking!"

I trust he was reproved for not using the biblical term "Gehenna."

• undercover
    undercover

Not all that strange but it had us sophmoric kids snickering pretty good...

An older brother who couldn't read well had the number 2 Bible reading. It was somewhere in the Old Testament, er, I mean, Hebrew Scriptures and the word brazier was repeated several times...except this old brother kept reading it as brassiere

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit