Strangest comment

by drewcoul 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• tiki
    tiki

i remember one comment on a scripture in jude......about jesus merrily rebuking satan......

then there was the italian brother who referred to the book of malarky (malachi).........

• bottleofwater
    bottleofwater

We had an elderly sister repeat three phrases for three whole minutes. Scary.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    Hey, I like this guy. At least he doesn't pray stock, formalized thee and thou prayers.

There were several of these in one of my halls - people who had a 'collection of sayings' they repeated verbatim in every prayer. Occationally they would repeat one word-for-word twice in a single prayer.

The weirdest comment I remember though was by a brother who likenend those who didn't take the magazines to "dog manure that can get stuck on your shoe" (something about not letting one rejection effect the next door or something). He went on and on with it... and the conductor had to interrupt him regarding the 'appropriateness of his illustration'.

- Lime

• Cook My Socks UK
    Cook My Socks UK

The conductor asked "What seeming advantages did the Egyptians have?".....One lady was called on and said....I kid you not......"Guns. The Egyptians had guns, but the Jews didn't have any weapons."

Ha, I read that and nearly spat beer all over my laptop

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

LDuh: Damn she's creepy.

- Lime

• watersprout
    watersprout

There was this ''brother'' who was rather outspoken when he spoke...He got on the platform to give a public talk and gave an experience about someone he met on the ministry... His words were ''He was a spastic from the neck up''....Politically correct he was not.

Peace

• watersprout
    watersprout

Carrot just reminded me of another one...We had this MS in our old hall who used to get soo nervous he would muck up...He gave a prayer and asked jehovah to help us obey the speed limits on the way home...Carrot and I fell apart laughing!

Peace

• watersprout
    watersprout

Oh my goodness i'm on a roll now...

We had a ''brother'' who had learning difficulties in our old hall...Instead of saying holy spirit he came out with holy shit!!!! Lol...

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

One older fella read Proverbs 22:3 but instead of shrewd he read, "Screwed is the one that has seen the calamity and proceeds to conceal himself....”

I chortled in my pants. (Yeah, you had to be there.)

• wasblind
    wasblind

."Guns. The Egyptians had guns, but the Jews didn't have any weapons."

A mind is a terrible thing to waste, Get an education

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit