Why Do Men Find It Hard to

by snowbird 73 Replies latest social relationships

• james_woods
    james_woods
    My cute little JW daughter smiled at a young man

She actually smiled at a non-JW man? I believe you should schedule a meeting with the elders.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Yep, JWoods, actually smiled.

She has wide eyes with long lashes and a dazzling smile (thanks to about $3K of orthodontics).

There's hope for her yet!

LOL.

Syl

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

Clinical aspect? It's really not that deep.

Nice girl walking down the street smiles at bloke behind wheel - "check her out, ohhh she's looking at me, ohhh she's smiling at me, OHHH avoid crash avoid crash, pheww - lucky there wasn't a fire hydrant there. she was amazing. haven't lost my touch."

mmxiv

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

almost lost control of his vehicle

Sylvia,

First of all, I think you've known this since you were a young adult. Males are hardwired to concentrate on activities that will eliminate the possibility that the species will go extinct.

Some ladies think their man is special, different, he's "coming along". No he isn't. He's not going anywhere. We're all just walking around, checking things out. We work because they force us to, but really we just want to walk around and check things out. Wherever there are women, we have a man looking into it. We even sent a man to the moon, in search of women. Why else would we have taken a car to the moon, unless we thought there was a possibility of going on a date. In the history of man, there has never been a more male thought than FLYING to the moon, only to DRIVE around. (An old Seinfeld joke.)

The good news? We're so predictable that you should be able to control us and certainly plan around us.

• funnyface
    funnyface

admit they are impotent

• yknot
    yknot

Scientific explanation: I theorize that a man being the uber visual creature he is sees the woman smiling, immediately thinks of things men think and blood flow to his upper brain drops drastically into his lower brain thus impairing his driving abilities (especially if he is craning his neck to keep looking)

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I'm asking in all seriousness.
    Please, no rude, carnal comments.

But your initial post is blank. Your title stops at "Why Do Men Find it Hard to" That's it. Only if we read your own response and catch that the full title changed there to "Why Do Men Find it Hard to RESIST A WOMAN'S SMILE? " do we know what the thread is about.

So, of course you are going to get childish and rude comments if you think they are avoiding the question and throwing out stray comments.

As far as men go, we are mostly adolescents that got bigger and we like to think that hot babes want us. It's who we are.

• tec
    tec

Don't worry, OTWO. Hot babes DO want you.

• tec
    tec

Syl - If you've ever seen the movie 'UP', (kids), then you'll remember the dog that has a talking device, and it is constantly saying things... UNTIL... it sees a squirrel. Then everything stops in its world and it becomes completely still, says SQUIRREL, and stares only at the squirrel.

Its like that.

Tammy

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL @ 2014. She was driving, also. She just looked over and smiled at him - a nice, companionable smile.

Hey, we're friendly in these here parts!

LWT: First of all, I think you've known this since you were a young adult.

I have, but never took the time to analyze such stuff. LOL @ the Seinfeld reference. I remember that.

Mouthy, you're bad!

YKnot, it's the most curious thing, isn't it?

OTWO, I hit "Enter" when I should have simply moved the cursor. Old age.

Thanks for your observations, though.

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit