Children of 1975

by d 278 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

So I see yet again Debatorator is talking out of her a$$ about something she knows nothing about.

I too was there during the 1975 hoopla. I remember seeing the movie "Earthquake" in 1974 with a bunch of jw kids and their parents. And I remember being sat down after that movie and us kids being told by Sister Johnson (soon to be Sister Graves after Brother Graves' first wife divorces him (she couldn't stand being a jw) and he marries Sister Johnson soon after even though Bro. Graves was an elder before and after...it's who you are and know folks) that the movie perfectly described what was going to happen soon in 1975. She said all of it with glee, similar to the look my mother gets when she's in emotional vampire mode.

My parents still have all the books and bound volumes from the 60's and 70's where the bOrg says over and over to ad nauseum that 1975 is the year. There was no running ahead by the rank and file. The rank and file have never had that kind of power in the bOrg. It was all the doing of the big boys in brooklyn, the ones who sanction every word that comes out of the tower, and if you believe anything else DEBATOR you're the fool that I think you are.

• debator
    debator

Thank you guys for posting the watchtowers that confirm they are talking about the 6000 years from Adam as I said they did.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Debator,

You are hopeless. Your position of denying the facts as presented by me and by the other forum members goes far beyond what even the Watchtower Society would do. Remember that in the early 1980s the Watchtower came out and actually accepted responsibility for the failure of their 1975 prediction. This is something that you have chosen not to do. The facts are clear: The Watchtower did promote 1975 as the year that Armageddon was likely to begin and the start of the final millenium.

So, Debator, are we now in the "final millenium"? Did it begin in 1975, or no? Why won't you answer the simple questions about whether you were an active member of JWs in 1975, or if you were even alive 35-45 years ago. How could those responses be considered too personal to share with the forum members? Do you think that answering those simple questions will somehow reveal your true identity? Are you afraid that if you are "outed" that somehow your local KH will find out and punish you for visiting this forum?

I doubt that you were either alive or a JW at that time simply because most JWs of that time know the truth, are embarrassed by it, and just want to put it behind them. The only JWs I've ever met, and there are couple in my own family, who believe as you do but came in much later, most in the late 1980s or 1990s. They think that because the WT was not mentioning anything at all during the years they came in, that the whole 1975 fiasco is simply an "apostate lie." Your position puts you in the same category as "holocaust deniers."

I'm sorry to take such a strong position against a fellow poster, but like I wrote, you are hopeless. If you really believe the lies you are repeating then you will ultimately pay the price, not us, for a life wasted in the service of a bogus religious organization and its greedy leadership.

But that will be your choice. It is certainly not mine.

JV

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Debater your absolutely right that the WTS. didn't use the word Armageddon while propagating 1975.

What they did do in the years prior is say be prepared for something big and life changing for JWS and the entire world inhabitants.

As I mentioned before their calculated dating system (6000 years) was nothing but a pretentiously made up fraud that was more about

increasing the circulation of their literature than anything else.

Unfortunately some impressionable youths who families were members of the JWS back then committed suicide.

All for a commercialized but righteous endeavor.

Feel good about that Debater ?

• debator
    debator

Hi juan

Then you are reading different articles that don't exists! All the ones on here references the 6000 years since Adam. They are enthusiastic and hopeful as I said but clearly not pushing it as a specific date for Armageddon. I told you earlier 1975 was about the 6000 years from Adam these articles confirm this.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The other fact that is and its hardly recognized is the calculated date that the WTS used to derive the fall of 1975 as 6000

years from the existence of Adam was a FRAUD of the worst, as its impossible for anyone to accurately date this time frame by

use of the bible or other means. It was all a maligning dishonest but intensional fraud to spur followers of the WTS to buy and sell

more of their books. Retrospectively both corrupt and perhaps criminal .

• The Finger
    The Finger

Debator,

They not we, told us that it was a 7000 year creative day. They therefore left no time after 1975 for the end it could come before but not after. Those at the helm were well aware of what was going on and did nothing, but blame those who fell because of there false teaching. The GB in my view have hands that drip with the blood of those who mistakenly believed them to be the FDS.

Remember this is an organization that will disfellowship you for celebrating the resurrection and only celebrates the death of Christ.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Actually they did use the word Armageddon, listen to this talk at a assembly prior to 1975.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaXbBVVoeEQ&feature=related

• debator
    debator

I am not denying that enthusiasm made them hopeful that Armageddon would be around this time but it was not an official teaching! If a brother linked them in a talk he was doing it depite this, not because of this. The first wt quoted makes it clear this is hopefulness and not a specific doctrine.

Will it be the time when God executes the wicked and starts off the thousand-year reign of his Son Jesus Christ? It very well could, but we will have to wait to see..

• jam
    jam

A anointed sister, gather all her non JWs family. Her father, mother, sister and two brothers and their

wives in 1974. She told them this is her last warning to them before it is to late. Next year the world

will end. In order to survive the coming destruction you must become A JW. Well 1975 came and went,

one of the brothers ask her later around 1976 what happen? She told him , we forgot the time

at took to create EVE. That sister was my sister and my brothers, sister and Mother and Father.

Now if the JW are the true religion and each JW went out and told people this lie , who will

be responsible for those people for not coming into the true religion? You can not say they did not

heed God,s warning , why because you have given false warning for years. That was the message

in 1974-1975 , we are in the last days, not years but days and all JW preach that message.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit