When You First Saw This Place What Was Your Reaction?

by minimus 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Twitch
    Twitch

After nearly 20 years out of the org and not knowing anyone else who left, it was a bit like "coming home", in that I was able to normalize the experience. I wasn't alone and what I went thru was normal for anyone from that world.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I wondered, "Who are all these amazing independent thinkers? Can I meet them?"

• minimus
    minimus

OTWO, ah shucks. Thanks.

• sabastious
  • minimus
    minimus

Personally, I was afraid to say too much personal info as I didn't want to get outted. I got criticized for asking questions and not giving out a lot of info myself. As time went on, I opened up more and learned who to trust, especially on the phone or by email with a few members.

• sabastious
    sabastious

What I am saying is that I made love with this site in the moon light.

-Sab

• minimus
    minimus

sexy

• cult classic
    cult classic

Gratitude and Relief.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I was just googling JW here and there and I tripped acrossed this website. My first thought was: WOOP! WOOP! APOSTATE ALERT! APOSTATE ALERT!

Later on I started seeing the JW's for what they really are. It was only then that I started lurking here in honest...

V665

• bigmac
    bigmac

up untill this february i had no idea sites like this existed.

i had been worried , when 18 months ago, i found out my estranged 34 year old son had been DF'd, thought he must have lost friends etc

then this feb. i read a big article in a UK daily about Rachel Underhill who started exjw-reunited, & i joined.

more recently i was directed to this site by Cantleave: i had seen the title but had no wish to visit what i took to be the official JW website

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit