When You First Saw This Place What Was Your Reaction?

by minimus 57 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I don't think so. If debator is, he's a lousy one. LOL

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

I felt relieved. I realized that other people's cogregations were just like mine, and some sounded worse!

It wasn't me, it was the belief system that was wrong.

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

I thought you were all crazy - and still do in some cases.

I was really shocked at first but then it started to all make sense.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I was terrified and thought I would be attacked by demons.

• bobld
    bobld

I said to myself,there are many many J.W. that do not believe the GB/FDS/WBTS and this is their secret place to vent and not get shunned.Sort of their way of telling off the GB/FDS.If the truth be known ,many would leave the cult but it's all about the family.

B

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

I lurked for a while and hestitant to sign up due to some (not ALL) of the strong, sometimes bashing and "paint with a broad stroke" judgement about others who are active JWs.

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

I was brought up in the "truth" but never bathtised, till I visited this site I believe JW to be the true religion, all my family are JW's.

First time I was on this forum, at first I assumed it to be an unofficial JW forum, started reading some threads and it sounded apologistic but them later on on the same day some topics didn't make sense to me, then I found out it was apostate and decided never to visited it again, but some things I read sparked interest, so first I bought two books by Late Franz (because he was old, did many years of service and left the GB which to me sounded odd than someone that was never in the truth or left for the wrong reasons and decided to write apostacy)

After reading the books, here I am, it was like taking the pill in the movie matix, at first I felt really sick, was lost and didn't know which religion to turn to(or if I was just not thinking things through), then I read Franz second book and felt better.

No wonder the GB tries to demonise the internet, apostacy etc, because they have no control.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

As I went onto my first apostate site on purpose, and researched them as much as I could, I was not surprised when I showed up here. Instead, by going to those other apostate web sites, I felt that the lights came on.

• minimus
    minimus

It's funny how so many get confused by the JW thing, huh?

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I can't remember how I stumbled onto this site. With a guilty mind I read on and was amazed at how many people's experiences mirrored my own. I had doubted myself all along...thinking that I was the one with the problem...the wrong attitude the one not seeing things clearly. Once I saw that people all over the country and the world, whom I'd never even talked to, said outloud the exact things I'd been feeling; it felt like what a non Witness kid might feel if they where to have their doubts about Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the tooth fairy confirmed all in one day and then told 'Oh by the way...your parents adopted you". A complete gut punch...but at the same time a strange relief that you had been on the right track all along.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit