Can we trust this website? (About the subject in which Jehovah's Witnesses were a NGO)

by possible-san 131 Replies latest watchtower bible

• possible-san
    possible-san

Can we trust this website?

Watchtower as a United Nations NGO - critical look at the conspiracy theory
    http://www.jehovahsjudgment.co.uk/watchtower-un-ngo/

Probably, the author of this website is an active Jehovah's Witness.

Well, I do not know in detail about NGO of the United Nations.
    But I know well the fact that the WT organization had belonged to that (NGO) for a while.

I consider that the articles in that website are only their "excuses."
    First of all, in the Watchtower magazine, had they informed their followers of their having been a "United Nations NGO"?

Don't people say that that's "insincere/dishonest"?

possible

• yesidid
    yesidid

Hi Possible,

No you cannot trust that website. It's owner, "thirdwitness" he calls himself, is a lying deceptive active Witness.

He came on this board for a while and was well and truely thrashed. He left with his tail between his legs.

• Podobear
    Podobear

I vaguely remember a very supportive article in Awake! of the U.N. which cut across every accepted JW protocol. I read this somewhere, did not see the magazine myself. However, the article praised the work of the U.N... U.N.I.C.E.F maybe.

If they were not aware of their tie, would this article not have indicated their approval of U.N relief efforts?

I worked along side Paul Gillies, WT spokesman. I think the library card ticket explanation may have gravitas... but I am unsure.

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

Here directly from the United Nations Website:

http://www.un.org/dpi/ngosection/pdfs/watchtower.pdf

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The information is inaccurate and shockingly presented. I have done an expose' on it at http://jwfacts.com/images/expose-jehovahsjudgment.pdf

• possible-san
    possible-san

yesidid.
    Podobear.
    Lduh.
    Designer Stubble.
    jwfacts.

Thank you for your replies and the information.

Well, although I did this question, there was a reason.
    On a certain website in Japan, an active Japanese JW has translated that article into Japanese.
    And I read it.

In his conclusion, he (above-mentioned Japanese JW) has stated like this.

"Although we had believed apostates at first, we investigated afterward and understood that their assertion was falsehood or ignorant nonsense/rubbish/crap."

So, in my opinion, the contents on that website are "harmful."
    Those articles make active JWs have hallucinations, and give people the incorrect impression that their leaders (GB) were right.

Well, in this forum, if someone (active JW) has a "counter-argument", I'd like to also hear that.

possible

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

His entire web site is a joke, from NGO claims to 607bce, I also heard that he attacked concept of conscience.

jwfacts, thanks!

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly
    I consider that the articles in that website are only their "excuses." First of all, in the Watchtower magazine, had they informed their followers of their having been a "United Nations NGO"?

If that is true I would like to be given the WT article so I can take a look at it.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Why did they need the UN's library? Could they not find what they needed in the Library of Congress?

• baltar447
    baltar447

I remember the Awake! article. I was much younger but even then I thought it was bizzare that we had what seemed to be a pro-UN article.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit