DF'd and struggling....LONG POST........my story.

by confuzzled777 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Knowing that I need to go back into an organization that I am not sure I want to be a part of.

I have proven to myself that Watchtowr is not God's Organization, nor was it ever such a thing. Moreover, I'm so much happier without Watchtower.

I highly recommend these two books.

Crisis of Conscience by Ray Franz (This destroys the myth that anyone in Brooklyn is privileged to special knowledge from God.)

Combatting Cult Mind Control by Steve Hassan (This details how Watchtower and many other groups rob people of their personal liberty.)

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Syl - and PalmT

I am GASPING with laughter!!!!! DAmn you - I can barely finish my dinner!!!

The keyboard got gravy spat all over it!!!!

Can I get one more breath?!!!!

HB

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

I just shake my head when I hear these stories!! I know tons of B/S including elders who would get *hit faced on camping trips stumbling and everything, nothing was done to them!

I mean My daughter was molested by a ex-elder who also molested other young girls and it took over 3 years for him to get disfellowshipped and you have a few drinks and you out within months??

Something is seriously wrong with this picture

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Confused: Take a moment for your self. You are in a great position. You have given a liberty that no JW has. That is to think. To use your own reasoning and analyze the whole situation. You can go to any library, read any book you want. Research why they really Disfellowshipped you. (yes you can fin the elders book here)

You have been mistreated because the leadership demands strict control, and teaches the elders who disfellowshipped you to do their controlling for them. As a former elder, I can say that most elders, even if they were on their high horse, felt bad for what they did to you.

The above comment is very true. This was not their decision, it came from the upper levels. Guess what. the same problem happens in every level of the organization up to the Governement Body itself. YOu were able to presence a JC and how it works in a congregation, now imagine that the same intelligence is used in the GB meetings.. There was a Governement Body member who complained about it and was forced to resign...

Crisis of Conscience by Ray Franz (This destroys the myth that anyone in Brooklyn is privileged to special knowledge from God.)
    Combatting Cult Mind Control by Steve Hassan (This details how Watchtower and many other groups rob people of their personal liberty.)

Take a couple of weeks, read these 2 books and after that come back and tell us your opinion of the situation.

I have a question for you.. how did you find this forum? what prompt you to look for it?

Welcome to the forum and hope that you can get the best out of this situation. I think like many here that is the best thing it could ever happen to you. but that is just my opinion.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Wow. What a story. Thanks for sharing it.

Thing that gets me about this is how elders have truly become "princes". It is bizarre, in hindsight, that the Society teaches that the elders are referred to in Bible prophecy as "princes who rule for justice itself", when Jesus warned that it was the rulers of the nations who would be the ones who wield authority, and that his followers should not do things that way.

I can tell you, there were ministerial servants I knew who were drinking quite heavily, without consequence at various social occasions. I even had one elder suggest drinking a little for the sake of coping with my problems--the very thing that is a sign of alcoholism according to the Society, I thought! There was no reason for these elders to not show mercy. At most maybe some counsel, if they felt this could become a problem, but...geez, they took it too far.

Let me tell you, my judicial committee taught me that even fornication is no big deal. They clearly soft-pedaled that, even though I did it numerous times over the course of a few months and didn't turn myself in. I was DF'd for an entirely different reason: placing my beliefs under serious, logical scrutiny and recognizing that they just didn't add up. Fornication was nothing compared to that "sin". And I didn't do that until I realized that my belief system was not as iron-clad as I thought it was; I was a straight arrow well into my 20's.

I would advise you to take this opportunity to speak to former Witnesses in the know and do a thorough examination of this religion's history, doctrines, and attempts at prophecy. You've got nothing to lose now, you're already out. They can't hurt you anymore, not directly. And they can only hurt you indirectly if you give them that power over you.

Just about anyone here could give you an excellent reading list to get you on the road to clarity and answer every question about the organization that troubles you. Believe me, what happened to you isn't the tip of the iceberg. Once you learn that you're not alone, there's a lot more hope to be had.

My struggle is far from over, on the outside, but yours is just beginning. You've been forced into a first step of sorts, but it is a first step. It will hurt for awhile, but this is the time to start examining this religion, closely.

Feel free to send me a private message. Wish you the best.

-sd-7

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Welcome to the board. You have come to the right place. You will find sympathy and healing and good advice here.

I agree with the above people. Start reading the posts on this forum. Look at the websites that are suggested and read the books that have been mentioned.

I know you are hurting badly right now. But this may turn out to be the best thing that ever happened to you and TO YOUR KIDS! Do you really want to continue to raise your children in this religion? Think about it HONESTLY. If you end up never going back your kids will love you for it. I can just about guarantee it.

• funnyface
    funnyface

Hampsterbait....Yes I AM Mouthy...I cant get back on to my MOUTHY site
    The elders DID come to ask if I would like to be reinstated,,,A few years ago now ( 6yrs maybe)
    I told them I would LOVE to be reinstated.On 3 conditions. I could tell all in the congregations
    that the Organization had allowed many to go blind because they wouldnt allow cornea transplants
    at one time. I cant remember the second thing( old age) but I said as long as I can preach the TRUE Gospel
    I reached for my bible that was on my coffee table & they shook their heads NO!!!
    I said O.K. I dont have to read it .JESUS IS THE WAY THE TRUTH & THE LIFE>>>>& Duet 18:20-22 is an
    excellent way for us to realize what happens to us when we Quote in ERROR what the LORD proclaims .
    They got up to leave,I held my hand out to shake hands They refused. I said "I will keep you two
    in prayer so you will NOW teach what Jesus truly said....not what a lot of old men at bethel tell you to say

Wonder why they didnt reinstate me ???????

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

I read SA's post twice, because it is so well done, the others only once but indulgently. I joined this board only very recently, seeking insights into my own situation, and can't help but be impressed with the general level of conversation, even if I am only a fly on the wall for most of them. The average intelligence in this board is, in my estimation, well above the population norm. And so is the love. Must be what attracts people like you folk to the WTBTS in the first place.

I confess to being atheist. For those of you still reading, an atheist's perspectives might be just a little bit interesting and it provides me with an opportunity to contribute back. I've laid out my story in other recent posts so won't repeat here. Well before I studied the bible with the WTBTS and then broke away, I was a lapsed Catholic who did the whole nine yards until my mid teens. Catechism, first communion, more catechism, first confession, confirmation, choir (not abused), still more catechism and Catholic school from kindergarten to grade 8 (often abused). (If you're wondering about catechism, it was much like a WT study using books sanctioned by the diocease, except the bible wasn't part of it. Actually reading the bible wasn't on because it was impossible for most of us, it being available only in Latin at the time, English translations like the KJ having been banned as heretical - but I digress). My apostacy from the RC church began with what was called the Ecumenical Council under Pope John XXIII. Now you know I'm an old man, but that only means I've been around the block a couple of times.

We were taught in Catechism back in the 50's and early 60's that eating meat on Friday was a mortal sin for which, if unconfessed and unabsolved, we would burn in Hell for all eternity. In 1963 the Ecumenical Council lifted the prohibition, although some Catholics continued to believe that it was still a serious offence, just commuted down to the venial sin category, now punishable only by a few centuries in Purgatory. Purgatory was a kind of lobby of Hell, same awful suffering, only not permanent - maybe a couple hundred thousand years, tops. When I asked in Catechism if those in Hell who had eaten meat on Friday would have their sentences commuted to Purgatory I was strapped three times on either palm. I apparently came across as being a sarcastic little shit when I asked the question, at least this is what my parents were told. I think back on the event with mixed emotions but mostly I am grateful because it opened the door of my mind sufficiently to allow some reasoned light to shine through and in so doing allow me to escape the lunacy of the Roman Catholic Church. Many years later, inconsistencies in Watchtower doctrine and practise would free me once again.

To get to the point, it could be you have been done an enormous favor, confuzzled. If you are one of those still reading this, I might urge you to take AG's advice and become a seeker of the truth.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Welcome Confuzzled777 ... any questions that have lingered in your mind will make sense the more you read about other experiences here

As has been mentioned already and I too would like to highly suggest ... READ Crisis of Conscience, I did a few months ago, amazing, you will identify with so much, things will fall into place

you said

The brothers took my life from me, to punish me for speaking up for myself.

There were experiences in CoC that show just how far up this goes, no matter how many years of service or involved with the organization one is, if they want you out, you are out. Ed Dunlap's experience in CoC brought home to me the lack of true love of the corporation.

Best wishes to you.

WBF

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Syl - and PalmT
    I am GASPING with laughter!!!!! DAmn you - I can barely finish my dinner!!!
    The keyboard got gravy spat all over it!!!!
    Can I get one more breath?!!!!
    HB

OK, I get it!

You knew!

ROFL with you!

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit