DF'd and struggling....LONG POST........my story.

by confuzzled777 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Welcome, confuzzled777!

Damn! The horror stories never end. I truly feel grieved for you. You've been railroaded girl! It's not fair. There's a reason we call a JC a "kangaroo court" here. So not fair. Someone had it in for you. That's gotta hurt! Sorry for the brutal wakeup call. Now you know. We'll be here for you when they won't be. ((((hugs))))

V665

• confuzzled777
    confuzzled777

I know troubled mind!! My dad said the same thing......This was news to EVERYONE that was involved in this situation. YES, they said that 1 time of getting drunk was likened to 1 time of adultery and a disfellowshipping offense if not repentant.

One thing that I had left out of my original post was that the sub. CO was texting the CO during most of the interview and part of my JC. We brought this up during the appeal AND my parents wrote in to the WTS regarding this behavior and NOT one apology was extended.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Public drunkenness and private alcoholism were such a problem in the congos I attended, that if they df'd everyone involved, then they would have df'd half the elders also. I know its the same in my father's congo in another town.

I've been to more than one JW party where the soberest people in the room were some "worldly" relatives. They just shook their heads in disbelief at the hypocrisy.

Not much of a drinker myself, have only thrown up from drinking once when I was younger. Didn't see the appeal. Plus, it's not healthy. That being said, should one be shunned and lose their whole family over throwing a party? Ridiculous!

That is way more harmful to a person psychologically and physically then getting drunk occasionally, I have no doubt. They are so unbalanced in that religion. Fornication is harming one self, so we will stone you to death and do even greater harm to you. Makes about as much sense to me.

Perhaps, now that you and your family have had a personal taste of the craziness, you could use this as an opportunity to research the religion to your hearts content. If you do, you probably won't ever want to go back.

Don't ever let anyone make you feel so bad about yourself again. Even if you did get drunk, so what? You didn't hurt anyone. You didn't commit a crime. On the scale of world importance, this doesn't even register. Make a life for yourself without the crazy religion. You'll be so much happier. Your parents will probably still associate with you too, since they seem to feel you were df'd unjustly.

Cog

• baltar447
    baltar447

The situation you described is sickening. My heart goes out to you.

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Confuzzled....warm greetings to you! This is just another in a long list of "odd" disfellowshippings. Bizzare! I was in da "troof" for all of my adult life (40+ years) and NEVER heard of such a lame thing.

Know this, they did you a favor. Don't bother going back just so they can control you again.... Gotta give you some flowers.

• confuzzled777
    confuzzled777

WOW....thanks guys! I wish I could respond to each and every one of you personally! The night of the "interview/impromptu committee meeting" I went home and was doubled over with stomach pain. I was physically sick and emotionally drained. Both my DH and I could not believe how everything we said was twisted and turned around by all 3 brothers.

Yes, my parents will support me in whatever decision I make as well as my sister. My brother is not a witness, was never baptized and has NO intentions of ever becoming a witness. Of course, my DH and my kids are also here to support me and have been amazing.

I never thought I would find myself doubting......I used to think that the brotherhood was loving, overall. But I am so crushed and I don't see how this can be a loving thing. Like my mom said.....they kicked me out then turned around and begged me to come right back. What the heck?

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

I know this is gonna sound stupid...but....what is a DH?

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

DH = Dear Husband

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Confuzzled... may you have peace!

I know you (and perhaps others here) want to believe that you were df'd because of drunkenness... but you weren't, dear one. Even if you admitted you WERE drunk, one of the PRIME "vices" of JW men... is alcohol. It is rampant in that organization... because drinking is the only thing they're allowed to do (vs. smoking, gambling, etc.).

You were df'd because "someone" had it out for you... and/or perhaps someone else who was present that night (but I'm thinking mainly you)... and used that night to do what some JWs do best: point the finger at others so that no one looks at them. Meaning, you were just another "casualty" of their hypocrisy.

BUT... do NOT despair. Whoever lyingly ratted on you is guilty of "bearing false witness against their brother." Give it some time and you will see that "the judgment with which they judged [you]"... come right back on them. Just try not to gloat when it does as doing so really isn't "christlike."

In the meantime, while you're waiting for that (and trying to decide whether to go back in or not - though why you would ever wish to, given their obvious display of their LACK of love, I don't know)... you might want to visit here from time to time. Keep in mind, we run the gamut - from TRUE christian (by an anointing with holy spirit)... to TRUE atheist (and thus absolutely no believe in or need for God). Most of us try not to judge others for their beliefs... or lack thereof. Some have issues... including repressed sexuality, depression, arrogance, anger, and inexplicable fear of things they need not fear... while others are unendingly patient, wise, funny, caring. All (i.e., 99%) of us, however, are just... well, humans... who have experienced the... ummmm... "reality" of the WTBTS in some way or another. Which experience IS... in a weird sort of way... scary in and of itself - LOLOLOL!

But for all of our words (and, for some, posturing and huffing and puffing)... we're a pretty harmless group. Some WILL try to "expel" (i.e., df) you from here... or their threads... but they really can't, really. It's just words. They have no true power. Just ignore those folks (and anyone else you wish to) as they're among those with "issues"... particularly an inability to shake off the WTBTS "odor" that tends to linger around them.

So, don't be afraid to speak your "truth" but know that if you do, some will accept it while some might take exception. But no worries - there really is no need to fear anyone... even those who can kill the body... but not the spirit.

The greatest of love and peace to you!

The resident slave of Christ,

SA

• Hadit
    Hadit

Welcome confuzzled777! Thank you for sharing. Your experience is horrifying. The lack of love is absolutely disgusting. To say that someone is unrepentant because their heart is breaking at what is being said about them is just SICK! The bible says that only God can judge the heart - how dare they sit there and judge you and torment you. I'm so sorry for what you went through.

Please take the time away to think and to heal. When you feel up to it - please research the organization. You'll soon see why they treated you like they did. You will get lots of support here. Great people who can empathize with your experience. We've all been hurt and are here on the journey to healing.

I am sending you hugs and wish you all the best. Take good care of yourself!

Hadit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit