DF'd and struggling....LONG POST........my story.

by confuzzled777 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

wow confuzzled. I'm so sorry you and your husband were treated this way. It seems that you've figured out that they were going to make an example of someone and chose you. I've heard of party situations from time to time but inevitability it includes an unmarried couple hooking up. Short of that, I've only seen a slap on the wrist or a be more careful next time.

Clearly an ambush. Those men should be ashamed of the way they treated you but I'll bet they're not.

While it hurts now and will for awhile, you can look at this as an opportunity. Research the org, www.jwfacts.com is an excellent site that presents just the facts. Then, decide if its worth it to come back.

Welcome to the board. It's a great place to vent.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

confuzzled777,

Two thoughts about your situation.

1. I dont agree that you would have walked out of there fine if you would have stopped talking after you said you had 1 drink an hour for 7 hours. They were going to DF you, REGARDLESS. you know why? cause it was at your house, and you are one of the people that they HAD to make an EXAMPLE of to inflict fear into the rest of the flock. So dont kick yourself over that, because no matter what you said, you were going to be DF'd. Being DF'd for what you said and did, is an absolute outrage. However, based on what I and others here know about how the watchtower works, its not an outrage, because elders can DF a person for any reason they want.

2. You thought that this was hard and you dont want your kids to go through something like that? Read the stories on here about how judicial comitees are for sexual matters, or for children who are molested. They are 1,000,000,000 times worse. And you are right in your gut feeling of not wanting to expose your children to something like that if they make a mistake. And they are kids, and will make mistakes. Thats normal.

I encourage you to research the watchtower to see for yourself if you want to go back to it. I wish you well in your search.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Sometimes, we learn the truth about evil groups when they mistreat us first.

That isn't to say that the people you know are evil. Far from it. I know of very few JW's who are evil. (pedophiles and some leaders are who I group into that). Most are duped.

You have been mistreated because the leadership demands strict control, and teaches the elders who disfellowshipped you to do their controlling for them. As a former elder, I can say that most elders, even if they were on their high horse, felt bad for what they did to you.

Is that a reason to go back? May I encourage you to learn and ask questions about your faith. I did. As a Gilead grad who himself went through some pretty serious crap, I can only say that to have the freedom to research Jehovah's Witnesses on your own the way we as Jehovah's Witnesses encourage people of other religions to do the same is enlightening and freeing.

Wishing you the best. Know that you don't have to go back, or do anything. Only be honest with yourself first, and what you find out about JW's.

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

Maybe they were also jealous that they weren't invited to your excellent sounding parties

I'm thinking that they decided to df you before they even had the meeting with you. Why else would they have a third elder waiting to form a JC? It also explains why one elder was texting during the meeting- he didn't need to pay attention because he already knew the outcome. All they had to do was wait for the smallest excuse to kick you out.

Sounds like if you hadn't been df'ed that night, they would have waited for you to make some other mistake or they would have made something up.

• zoiks
    zoiks

Welcome to the forum, confuzzled! I am so sorry for what you have been through. Unfortunately, experiences like yours are all too common in this organization.

Remember, it is not god who is 'punishing' you. It's just people. Men with their own agendas, who showed ZERO consideration for you or your family. Just remember that. To this organization, YOU as an individual are expendable. Is that loving? Does that truly reflect the way God and Christ would view you? They way they would treat you?

I hope you can take some time to heal. You've been through a lot. I wish you and your family all the best.

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge
    They kick you out only to tell you how to live while you are out and that you can't even talk to another disfellowshipped person as they are bad association.

They do this so you have no one at all who may have something in common with you i.e. someone that was once in the ORG but is now on the outside and has their own story to tell. They hope there is no one to go and have a coffee with, lunch or just a bit of retail therapy...nothing, no one. They want you to feel totally on your own so it will force you back. Yes you have your DH but we still like friends don't we and you do seem like a sociable person.

They want you to go crawling back. Read some of the posts on here to see how many have been treated. It will certainly be an eye opener.

Your on a journey, don't waste a moment of your time, research and find out for yourself.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

WHAT about the Statute of Limitations for serious sin?

The Kingdumb Misery sated CLEARLY that if an Elder or MS had committed a serious sin more that three years previously he would not be removed or publicly reproved>

The whole thing stinks.

HB

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

FUNNYFACE -

Wouldnt it be fun to try and get reinstated?

Especially as the "Proclaimers" book (p136) actually points out that the organisation realised that "Jesus did not return (even invisibly)" in 1914?

If you were DF after that book was printed, they did you wrong.

They DFed you for believing in something THEY have actually printed.

Let us know how it goes. Mouthy was DF for the same thing.

HB

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Hamsterbait,

funnyface IS mouthy.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Let us know how it goes. Mouthy was DF for the same thing.
    HB

FunnyFace is Mouthy.

LOL.

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit