DF'd and struggling....LONG POST........my story.

by confuzzled777 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Thanks Jadeen...couldn't figure that one out.

• tec
    tec

I've been reading it as Dear Husband, Sam.

My heart also goes out to you, Confuzzled. You will find support here, though. There's not even words to describe this judical committee, other than that they were out to make an example, and didn't care one whit about who they hurt in the process. So their judgment, not tempered by mercy or love, hurt an innocent.

Tammy

• JRK
    JRK

I really think that the reason they came down so hard on you may be because you have a Facebook account. I anticipate a huge crackdown on social networking.

JK

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Welcome Confuzzled:

You finding this place is a blessing. By them df you, they gave you a chance to examine the wts from a point that would be hard for you to do if you were still in. It's sad that wts does this to it's members and it's sad that few uneducated men can wreck families and lives just because they have the power to do so. I hope you take this time to examine the history of the wts and its teachings. Talk to you husband and examine things with an open mind, both of you can strenghten each other as you heal the pain you experienced. WTS has hurt many innocent people by it's cunning and it's practices and lucky few have found the truth about wts and set themselves free while others (DF) feel guilt and struggle to come back to the organization that only masters over them. There are many here that were dealt unjustly and can give you better encouragement than I can as they've gone through it but I can only encourage you to research the evolution of wts with it's teachings. Start with 607BC as I find this to be the cornerstone of the WTS and when you discover that there is absolutely no evidence for that and that 1914 has nothing to do with anything biblical all other crazy wts teachings will fall into place as this will be an emotional journey for you and your husband if you chose to research it. All the best.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Very sorry for what you ae going though

But, So glad you found this forum, you'll get much help and understanding here.

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

Welcome Confuzzled

I'm sorry to hear about the way they treated you and your DH.

You're story is far too common, if they want to get you on something they will. There's currently a witch-hunt to get me . . . (that's another story for another thread)

I felt your pain, felt sick too hearing the way you were treated. Like others have stated, this is a wake up call for you, to see the real way this org works.

Jesus said: By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Welcome again, take your time and learn as much as you can here and elsewhere. Knowledge is power and the key to happiness. I no longer blindly follow 'mere men' because they claim to speak for God!

I highly recommend: www.jwfacts.com

3Mozzies

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

So sorry to hear of your pain. But before you make a decision on whether or not to go back, research, research, research. You will find that many have been df'd for coming forward about child molestation in the organization. IMO, there isn't much worse than that.

• seenitall
    seenitall

This is a great post. I too have been before the tribual. 1 time as an ms and 1 time as an elder. Both times no df, reproof or any restrictions. In fact the CO said, to write it up to the branch that it was a mistake to get me reappointed soon. Spirit directed? My ass!!! I had to impose restrictions on myself! I was arrested for a DUI and almost killed someone. Tell me this kangaroo court is righteous!!!

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Welcome to the forum Confuzzled, this is a good place to be. Its terrible to read what you went through with those men who claim to represent God. So much for mercy eh? It really appals me. I too was disfellowshipped unfairly and I will never forget the pain of it. How on earth could I trust such an organisation in the future is what I felt. I had always believed that only the really unrepentant were Dfshpd....not true at all. I lost all my adult kids and friends of 30 years but I could never go back after such treatment, never. Like you the trauma of it all made me ill.

I would agree with so many of the posts that now is your opportunity to do some research. You will find it very revealing and it will set you free. There's a book that was written by a lovely anointed bro called Ray Franz who was also hunted down and kicked out very unfairly, but he tells his story without any bitterness and gives great insight into what goes on at the top, its called Crisis of Conscience. I cant recommend it highly enough.

There are some wonderful people on here who have helped me to heal and recover and I'm sure you too will find comfort and support. The WTBS should be ashamed that such love comes to us, not from them, but from a forum such as this. Take care sweetheart. It will get easier, I promise.

Loz x

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome confuzzled777!

I am reminded of this verse

Hosea 6:6 (New International Version)

6 For I desire mercy, not sacrifice,
    and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings.

You are a burnt offering on their altar to their god and have received no mercy.

Also, this parable.

Matthew 18:21-35 (New International Version)

The Parable of the Unmerciful Servant
    21 Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?"

22 Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.

23 "Therefore, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. 24 As he began the settlement, a man who owed him ten thousand talents was brought to him. 25 Since he was not able to pay, the master ordered that he and his wife and his children and all that he had be sold to repay the debt.

26 "The servant fell on his knees before him. 'Be patient with me,' he begged, 'and I will pay back everything.' 27 The servant's master took pity on him, canceled the debt and let him go.

28 "But when that servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii. He grabbed him and began to choke him. 'Pay back what you owe me!' he demanded.

29 "His fellow servant fell to his knees and begged him, 'Be patient with me, and I will pay you back.'

30 "But he refused. Instead, he went off and had the man thrown into prison until he could pay the debt. 31 When the other servants saw what had happened, they were greatly distressed and went and told their master everything that had happened.

32 "Then the master called the servant in. 'You wicked servant,' he said, 'I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. 33 Shouldn't you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?' 34 In anger his master turned him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed.

35 "This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother from your heart."

Those that demand judgement will receive the same.

It looks like the sky has fallen in right now but I am sure it is for good.

Romans 8:28 (New International Version)

More Than Conquerors
    28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Blessings,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit