Phoned the PO

by watersprout 44 Replies latest members private

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I really hit rock bottom around the summer of 1994 when I was still married and living together with my JW wife, pulled myself through it no help from anyone by the way not even my parents my elder Father knew the dilemma I was in yet offered nothing to his only son, I later found out that he was closer to my wife then a FIL should be. The time from that year up until late 1995 was very difficult to say the least, all my self confidence had been eroded away from me and due to the shunning that all my family and friends inflicted on me making new friends became very hard (I was 29) I became a real loner until I started new employment and apartment when I separated from my wife, from early 1996 things turned around full circle I had a few girlfriends a new social circle and plenty of money(not now!) travelled the world and met my current wife in 2002, our kids came along in 08 and 2010, life is wonderful not perfect but whose is? My elder father died in 2005 and took some secrets to his grave (so he thought) have only had 1 contact with the old "friends" and that was at his funeral in 2005 strangely some greeted me and spoke respectfully then yet some done the full head turn when I walked towards them. Oh this life!

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

Jookie....

I later found out that he was closer to my wife then a FIL should be.

OMG I hope that's not as bad as it sounds.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Quill; not a problem he was welcome to her I'm sure they would have made a lovely couple.

• watersprout
    watersprout
    I later found out that he was closer to my wife then a FIL should be.

Oh my i really hope thats not what i think it is!

You sound like you have a fantastic life now! Really happy for you and your family... You went through hell to get to were you are now, you should be really proud of yourself!

Peace to you and your family

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

kind words WS

• zoiks
    zoiks
    1. The FDS are NOT Gods chosen channel.
    2. The organisation are Not Gods chosen religion.
    3. The only one i follow is Christ.

Haha! What an earful for the PO. Good for you, WS.

• Chalam
    Chalam

watersprout ''that haunted look has gone in your eyes, you look different''

Amen!

John 8:36 (New International Version)

36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

2 Corinthians 3:17 (New International Version)

17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

John 8:32 (New International Version)

32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

This short passage should give you something to discuss with them :)

Romans 10:9-13 (New International Version)

9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. 11 As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame." 12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13 for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

Blessings, Stephen

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I confess to being an apostate and thats fine... I say i'm putting a green tree up with pretty lights on and i'v committed the cardinal sin! WTF
    I think the PO was pushing for me to DA myself but i refuse to play by their rules... They want me out they gotta kick me out!

They have what they need. The fact that you did not (yet) put up the Xmas lights means they might simply wait a couple of months to announce that you are "no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses." They won't need to "kick [you] out." You did (at least you will) DA yourself.

Congratulations.

• Gregor
    Gregor

That's great, Water. As I have said before, I subscribe to the "cut clean" method of leaving rather than the fade. To each his own.

One side note. I regret ever picking up the Christmas habit. It's too late now, my entire family is into the holiday. I hate it.

• Farkel
    Farkel

gregor,

:One side note. I regret ever picking up the Christmas habit. It's too late now, my entire family is into the holiday. I hate it.

Why is that? When you take all the religious crap out of it, Christmas is very fun time of year. I particularly like the "feel good" songs, which are the secular ones, not that crappy religious ones.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit