Does anyone here still believe in the Devil?

by cantleave 98 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious

Brodan, I am talking about the animals.

He destroyed ALL life on earth for the sins of a LOCALIZED group.

How do you reconcile this?

-Sab

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Don't mean to sound like a negative nelly...but He DOES promise to deal with the ungodly on earth, in say...the Americas.

According to the Bible he already killed them all once before.

• Chalam
    Chalam

notverylikely Indeed the bible says that without knowledge there can be no sin and since there was no law and formal worship of God, how there there have been so much lawlessness without the law?

NVL, if you really want the answers to these questions then just read your bible.

Romans 5:12-13 (New International Version)

12 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned— 13 for before the law was given, sin was in the world. But sin is not taken into account when there is no law.

Romans 3:9-20 (New International Version)

9 What shall we conclude then? Are we any better? Not at all! We have already made the charge that Jews and Gentiles alike are all under sin. 10 As it is written:
    "There is no one righteous, not even one;
    11 there is no one who understands,
    no one who seeks God.
    12 All have turned away,
    they have together become worthless;
    there is no one who does good,
    not even one."
    13 "Their throats are open graves;
    their tongues practice deceit."
    "The poison of vipers is on their lips."
    14 "Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness."
    15 "Their feet are swift to shed blood;
    16 ruin and misery mark their ways,
    17 and the way of peace they do not know."
    18 "There is no fear of God before their eyes."

19 Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God. 20 Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin.

1 Peter 3:18-20 (New International Version)

18 For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit, 19 through whom also he went and preached to the spirits in prison 20 who disobeyed long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built.

Blessings,

Stephen

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Like I said, they killed themselves and they will do it again.

But, alas, it's time for Hawaii and NO JW talk at all on this trip! I'll talk to you guys when I get back. Peace!

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

NVL, if you really want the answers to these questions then just read your bible.

Right, that wasn't an answer.Since there was no sin before the law, what sins were the people in Noah's day committing that deserved worldwide destruction?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Like I said, they killed themselves and they will do it again.

So you are saying the animals deserved it?

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    what sins were the people in Noah's day committing that deserved worldwide destruction?

This is an impossible question to answer for Bible thumpers.

They can only answer in speculation.

-Sab

• flipper
    flipper

No, I don't. Stopped believing in the Devil after exiting the witnesses in 2003. Felt it was always a fig newton of JW's & religious people's imagination anyway. My suspicions that the Devil totally ceased to exist - were confirmed when Ted Jaracz died this last summer

• xchange
    xchange

Nope! Don't find sufficient evidence for this devil character to be real. Bible also isn't evidence for me that a devil exists (or god for that matter). This devil character is no different than the bogey man IMHO. I do find it interesting that this character sure gets blamed a lot for the trouble people find themselves in. It's almost like some people don't like to be accountable for their own actions and use this devil character as a convenient explanation for all the bad in the world. What was it that Flip Wilson use to say?

• Chalam
    Chalam

notverylikely Right, that wasn't an answer.Since there was no sin before the law, what sins were the people in Noah's day committing that deserved worldwide destruction?

Read again.

Romans 5:12-13 (New International Version)

12 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned— 13 for before the law was given, sin was in the world. But sin is not taken into account when there is no law.

Sin entered with Adam. Thus, there was sin before the law (Cain killed Abel in right back in Genesis 4). The law brings knowledge of sin.

Blessings,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit