The Bible Gods Word or Mans

by azor 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    The scripture talking about the earth being a sphere is an inaccurate translation. The babylonians believed the earth was round like a plate and there was a body of water all around it called the firmament. This scripture is describing the roundness not that the earth is a globe.
  • cofty
  • Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake

I said this elsewhere but,

1. The sun was a circle, apparently hung on nothing. The moon was a circle, apparently hung on nothing. The ancient people likely made the very small leap (if it's aleap) to the earth is also a circle hung on nothing.

2. The bible is not monotheistic. There are many gods in it. Even if you want to argue they only see one as true, the NT creates a binitary sort of God by establishing worship of God and Jesus both. This is a contradiction to everything in the Old Testament, which is why the Jews denied Jesus and Christianity was persecuted in Jerusalem.

There is no part of the bible that is accurate other than maybe the names of locations and historical events. But some of these are even misrepresentedm such as Daniel painting it as yet to happen when it was written after the fact.

The book of revelation is a bunch of symbolism that can fit any number of views. It's so vague you can apply it to tons of stuff, especially if your willing to be intellectually dishonest.

Its a ridiculous book. I.E., (and its FULL of this kind of crap)

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/203410001/lol-deut-13-1-5
  • pressman
    pressman
    Very true that the bible started all the beliefs about god. it makes sense that it would because it is the word of god.
  • Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake
    pressman20 minutes ago
    Very true that the bible started all the beliefs about god. it makes sense that it would because it is the word of god.

Pressman, who wrote the first books of the bible?

keep it simple, one name is all that's necessary.

• pressman
    pressman
    truthfully god wrote the bible. the only one name that is necessary is god. otherwise you'd have to name all the other men who wrote the first few books of the bible.
  • Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake

Uh-huh.

You're missing the point. Supposedly, the first man used by God was Moses. He began writing the bible after the mythical Exodus. Worship of this God, as well as many other deities, had already been around for 300+ years. The bible itself says that Melchizadek passed true worship to Abraham. Abraham lived long before Moses, long before the bible.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein
    pressman

Oh shit pressman there were ancient civilizations that predate the ancient Hebrews by thousands of years and they had other gods to worship than YHWH .

If that is true then the ancient Hebrews were not worshiping the right god , they were worshiping a pagan god distinct from the original true god.

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake
    Finkelsteina minute ago
    pressman

Oh shit pressman there were ancient civilizations that predate the ancient Hebrews by thousands of years and they had other gods to worship than YHWH .
    If that is true then the ancient Hebrews were not worshiping the right god , they were worshiping a pagan god distinct from the original true god.

Yea I didn't even mention this, I'd really like to know how you rationalize the bible itself saying worship of that God is older than itself with your post.... Lol (@pressman)

• azor
    azor
    The first part of my second question has been answered. What about god existing outside of time and space? Cahill in his book asserts (I believe falsely) that the Jews introduce linear time adding with god existing outside time and space. Does anyone know of a book or author that disproves these assertions based on evidence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit