The Bible Gods Word or Mans

by azor 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity
    As I have written elsewhere the JWs have all the guilt of Catholicism without any of the Beautiful Bells and Whistles, all the paranoia and tribalism of Judaism without any of the respect for dissent, all the intolerance of Islam without any of the valor. They represent everything wrong with Abrahamic religion, which is why they can claim to be persecuted. All the other Abrahamic religions see their own flaws magnified in the Jehovah's Witnesses, which is why for an ex-JW giving up on God completely after the JWs is the usual reaction.
  • azor
    azor

Usual reaction does not negate rational thought. Believing just because you want to is irrational.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    How about the Coriolis effect which allows for rest and night/day?

Huh? Do you actually know that the earth rotates?

Why is a hole perfectly shaped for the puddle that forms in it?

• Viviane
    Viviane
    I'm with you Tenacious. Too many coincidences. You can add DNA to that list. DNA works just like computer programming.

This tells me you know neither how DNA works nor a computer program.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    "As I have written elsewhere the JWs have all the guilt of Catholicism without any of the Beautiful Bells and Whistles, all the paranoia and tribalism of Judaism without any of the respect for dissent, all the intolerance of Islam without any of the valor. They represent everything wrong with Abrahamic religion, which is why they can claim to be persecuted. All the other Abrahamic religions see their own flaws magnified in the Jehovah's Witnesses, which is why for an ex-JW giving up on God completely after the JWs is the usual reaction." That's not the only reason I gave up on god at an early age. I do like this quote though.
  • truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

Son of trinity, is this your quote?

As I have written elsewhere the JWs have all the guilt of Catholicism without any of the Beautiful Bells and Whistles, all the paranoia and tribalism of Judaism without any of the respect for dissent, all the intolerance of Islam without any of the valor. They represent everything wrong with Abrahamic religion, which is why they can claim to be persecuted. All the other Abrahamic religions see their own flaws magnified in the Jehovah's Witnesses, which is why for an ex-JW giving up on God completely after the JWs is the usual reaction.

• azor
    azor

SonoftheTrinity - at first I liked your quote as well but something about it bothered me. It is clever. However it discredits the amount of thought and research one goes through by letting the evidence lead them. It makes it seem as though it is a sad state to be an atheist or agnostic.

I continue to see evidence on this site and others that theists use pity, fear, and wonder to prove god exists. Religion and god are two although related things, they are not the same.

Some religions do good things. That does not prove there is a god just as the religions that do bad things disprove him.

• prologos
    prologos

I hear appeals to natural laws, have there ever been laws that did not originate with intent ? and why has there to be an regression into the past of a created creator? when there can be a tru-manesque "The buck stops here"?

The bible is man's word, not woman's even, but not god's for sure. wait until science gets it stride.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit