LOL Deut 13:1-5

by Jonathan Drake 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake

Omg I've never read this before or if I did I never caught it...

13 [a]If a prophet or a dreamer of dreams arises among you and gives you a sign or a wonder,2 and the sign or the wonder comes true, concerning which he spoke to you, saying, ‘Let us go after other gods (whom you have not known) and let us serve them,’ 3 you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams; for the Lord your God is testing you to find out if you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. 4 You shall follow the Lordyour God and fear Him; and you shall keep His commandments, listen to His voice, serve Him, and cling to Him. 5 But that prophet or that dreamer of dreams shall be put to death, because he has [b]counseled [c]rebellion against the Lord your God who brought you from the land of Egypt and redeemed you from the house of [d]slavery, to seduce you from the way in which the Lord your God commanded you to walk. So you shall purge the evil from among you.

So let's get this straight.. Really think about this for those of you who still believe. God directed this prophet to test the people and lead them astray, it does say this- it says this prophets words and accurate prophecies are a test from God. But the direction is to stone him to death for, apparently, DOING WHAT HE WAS TOLD BY GOD.

Think about it. Why do you think such a prophet would have been killed? Could it be that there is no God and this was a contingency plan for times when a person makes up a story that comes true who isn't part of the Yahweh sect?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Quit trying to make sense out of nonsense.

It's all about control.

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake
    It's all about control.

This is exactly my point.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    makes you just all warm and fuzzy with love for YHWH the storm/desert god of the canaanites... I mean mideanites.... oh wait Israelites.
  • user100
    user100
    its funny to watch JWs explain/justify these scriptures... they know how to understand all the bullshit in the bible correctly.
  • Heaven
    Heaven

This god sounds really co-dependent.

• cappytan
    cappytan

Jonathan Drake, I'm so proud of your progress (even though I had nothing to do with it).

You are a fine example of rationality

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Yhwh is the desert god. THOR is god of storms. Dont insult the thunderer.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

lol sorry Morpheus, I give you permission to shun me for all eternity for disrespecting the one true god Thor.

But seriously I was reading some satanic luciferian propaganda about the Aten's somewhere I had also heard YHWH may have been their storm god...

In any event I have insulted Thor and now am an Apostate in his site, Thor forgive me!

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Thor smites but he does not shun ;)

i wonder when the hebrews became monotheistic..... At some point the desert god became all gods in one. When?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit