Brother EE fancies himself an amature photographer..

by elderelite 75 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Since you're all posting astrophotography shots, here are some of mine:

Comet Hyakutake in March 1996:

Comet 17P/Holmes, November 2007:

The Space Shuttle a few minutes after undocking from the International Space Station, August 2007:

Lunar eclipse, February 2008:

Conjunction of the planets Neptune and Jupiter, July 2009. When this happened in 1612 and 1613, Galileo observed the planet Neptune centuries before it was officially "discovered":

Total solar eclipse, July 2009:

The moon a few hours before the Kaguya spacecraft crashed into it, October 2009:

• cantleave
    cantleave

Awesome Pics

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Here's a moon pic of my own:

• The Finger
    The Finger

wow!

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Cool, nice shots. I was trying to do just just last week with my new camera. It's a tricky thing to do well.

I wonder if there are any afordable telescopes can can track - to remove the celestrial motion blurring.

- Lime

• elderelite
    elderelite

ooooooooooo Leolaia I'm impressed (and a bit envious)!!!! what are/were you using?

@hint, you really dont need a tracking telescope for basic moon shots or planets.. just a tripod and a long lense (at least 200mm). from there you can blow them up and get really nice shots. thats all I did for the moon shot above. I am interested to hear how Leolaia got her's though, but to get started a decent cammera and a tripod is a sure bet

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I used a Panasonic DMC-FZ30 at 420mm with an extra Canon TL-55 teleconverter lens (giving added zoom), on a tripod of course.

My photo of Comet 17P/Holmes is a stacked image based on about 50 exposures, which reduced the noise, added detail, and with shorter exposures avoiding the problem of star trails.

• elderelite
    elderelite

i think i just had a sexual experiance reading your post

ok that is a small exageration but very very nice use of equipment! any others you'd like to share? Most of mine are wildlife, i've only recently begun to do night shots

• elderelite
    elderelite

just ordered a 2x teleconverter...

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Great shots, Leolaia.

I love doing low-light photography, but I'll leave the skies for someone else to explore.

- Lime

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit