Brother EE fancies himself an amature photographer..

by elderelite 75 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Here are a few:

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Wow, nice shots. I especially like the first 2.

- Lime

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Leolaia

The clarity is outstanding ! ! !

We've all seen professional shots, but wow, especially the one of the sunset, that's the kinda pics I'm into.

I myself am in the market just for a good compact with optical zoom, I think a 12X will do fine for me, I have some binoculars that go up to 22X and when I view thru them, what I'd like to shoot from my window, even 16 is a bit too close. The sunsets from my window are spectacular, but unforunately I'm just on the 9th floor of my bldg, the floors above get the full picture of the skyline, bridges and all, I'm in NYC by the way. and the entrance to the roof is locked, so I'll never get a skyline shot of the city, at least not from my window !

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Here are a few I took in August and September. I do a lot of nature stuff (I hike every other day), and then just whatever I spot that looks neat when I have my camera I'll shoot.

(Gah, should have used f8 for that one above. Just took that shot today.)

- Lime

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Thanks!

HintofLime.....Nice stuff. I especially like IMG_4369.jpg; the depth of field and glistening bokeh are lovely. It is hard to get narrow focus with my digicam beyond macros but lately I have *gasp* gone back to film and have been experimenting with my old SLR. I especially have been shooting ISO50 color reversal film (aka slides). I miss being able to shoot at f1.4, so it's pretty refreshing.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Leolaia!

Now my contri, moon in the first quarter in September. 150mm Dynascope reflector and Kodak C633 camera.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

One of my rigs.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Great pix all round here!

Here's one of mine

Blessings,

Stephen

• DocBob
    DocBob

Lots of nice pictures there. I recently rediscovered my love of photography. I used to do a fair bit of photography (back in the old days when we used film) :) But it was one of the things I just kind of let go during my JW years. I bought a DSLR this summer and got back into it. I have a bunch of stuff up on Flickr - are any of you on there? http://www.flickr.com/photos/50776430@N05/

• elderelite
    elderelite

I am in the presence of GIANTS! I am off to work (early am on est) and have meeting tonight but I will post some of mine at some point (not that they even remotely compare)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit