Just Got Back From My First Assembly " Take Refuge in Jehovah! "

by losthusband 24 Replies latest jw friends

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    Basically talk went along the lines of just like the only people who survived the Tsunami a few years ago took to the high ground and they were helped there by a biologist who recognised the warning signs....

But I thought the speaker said:

" There are 2 types of worldly experts.....those that don't know what they are talking about and those that don't realise that they don't know what they are talking about"........
  • Cook My Socks UK
    Cook My Socks UK

I recieved a dig to the ribs from my wife when I laughed out loud at that point!!

LMAO at that.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

What MadJW? You are the most disloyal person I've ever heard of in my life.

• fokyc
    fokyc

A very good synopsis, so glad you enjoyed it!

When are you going again?

Oh! sorry I see it's your last, they will miss you!

• Tatiana
    Tatiana
    Basically talk went along the lines of just like the only people who survived the Tsunami a few years ago took to the high ground and they were helped there by a biologist who recognised the warning signs....

" There are 2 types of worldly experts.....those that don't know what they are talking about and those that don't realise that they don't know what they are talking about"........

I noticed this too, jamie... and started to comment. Do they even realize what they are saying?

• AnonJW
    AnonJW

Elders meeting at Lunch......exciting!

These are so dire, it takes everybody about 10mins to shut the hell up so that the chairman can speak - he reads the accounts that always put us in deficit and then there is a resolution to send more money to the GB. Everyone says yes and it's over.

On the assembly itself, I have to miss sports

• Heaven
    Heaven

all of them had been "OVERWHELMED" by some disaster but jehovah had provided refuge!!

My father was "OVERWHELMED" by retirement. That's how they got him.

Evidently, JWs don't know what they are talking about either.

WHY DO THEY BOTHER WITH THESE AT ALL !?!?!?!?!
    Two main reasons: 1) Strengthen the indoctrination 2) Collect more money

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

You beat me to it JamieBowers. I noticed that right away too.

They can't even keep their stories straight and keep from contradicting themselves from one talk to the next!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

.....all of them had been "OVERWHELMED" by some disaster but jehovah had provided refuge!!

Funny thing, I could find people in any belief system with the same type of experiences. They could be of various Christian faiths or Jewish or Muslim or Buddhist.

...and no one was singing

They were probably using one of the new songs that nobody really knows yet. Apparently, some of the new songs are awkward and more cultish.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Oh no, one baptized! How sad. Was it a teenager? I feel so sorry for the children. Most JWs kids are leaving, but that is with much suffering.

Maybe one got baptized but maybe two (or more) left this year.

At least annual reports are showing lesser baptism percentages globally these last few years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit