Just Got Back From My First Assembly " Take Refuge in Jehovah! "

by losthusband 24 Replies latest jw friends

• losthusband
    losthusband

Hi

Thought I'd start a new topic on my experience...................

Just got back from the above assembly.........

Here is my take on my first and last assembly

9:40 Song and Prayer - Half the people were still in the toilet...and no one was singing, I didn't have a song book (I am worldy you see!!) so I just stood and stared at the odd looking fella on the stage miming, rather than singing!

9:50 Why Do We Need a Refuge?

Because Satan is going to get you.

He is going to attack anyway he can.......beware!!!

Also be aware of "worldly experts" spouting on about things like evolution........

Quote " There are 2 types of worldly experts.....those that don't know what they are talking about and those that don't realise that they don't know what they are talking about"........I considered walking out here....what an arrogant, stupid thing to say!! I can't believe everyone chuckled at that!!

Then a few people sat on the stage and were asked how jehovah had provided them with refuge......Quite funny as everyone was reading from a script.......all of them had been "OVERWHELMED" by some disaster but jehovah had provided refuge!!

10:30 Help Others Find Refuge Under Jehovah's Wings

Basically talk went along the lines of just like the only people who survived the Tsunami a few years ago took to the high ground and they were helped there by a biologist who recognised the warning signs...., therefore the only people who can save the world are JWs as they have special knowledge..........

Then did a little play were everyone was encouraged to use the Watchtower PC Library to help bible studies understand better. It seemed like .... if someone asks you a tough question use the Computer and get them to read an old watchtower on the PC........Oh and if that fails then they have to prey harder that they will understand next time????

10:55 Song 68 and Announcements - Elders meeting at Lunch......exciting!

11:05 Imitate Jehovah in Providing Refuge

The most boring talk ever about why you should provide refuge to your children in these "terrible end times"...... Quote " the earlier you show them the right way to live (Study, read the scriptures, go to meetings and go on the ministry etc etc) the better and more righteous person they will be!! I recieved a dig to the ribs from my wife when I laughed out loud at that point!!

11:35 Dedication and Baptism - Only one person baptised !! He was told that he must be good after baptism.....or else!!!
    12:05 Song 7

Unfortunately I'd had enough at this point and went to the pub to watch Man City Vs Chelsea!! ---- I'm in the UK by the way!!

1:30 Song 23
    1:35 Experiences
    1:45 Watchtower Summary
    2:15 Young People, Make Jehovah Your Confidence!
    2:30 Is Your Home a Haven of Delight?
    2:45 Song 69 and Announcements
    2:55 Our Spiritual Paradise - Jehovah's Provision for Refuge
    3:55 Song 121 and Prayer

Spoke to my wife after the meeting and even she said that she had fell asleep for most of the afternoon!!

WHY DO THEY BOTHER WITH THESE AT ALL !?!?!?!?!

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

losthusband

I recieved a dig to the ribs from my wife when I laughed out loud at that point!!

Good one, at least you've made the very wise decision never to go again. They can bore for England can't they. lol

• Ding
    Ding

Why did you go?

• cantleave
    cantleave

lost husband - once you've been to one you have been to them all. What circuit was that just out of interest? Portsmouth is next week - I haven't been to a meeting for since March and some mad sister came round my house today to ask if I was going - becasue last year I gave her a lift.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Quote " There are 2 types of worldly experts.....those that don't know what they are talking about and those that don't realise that they don't know what they are talking about"........

Does that include the Hemotology dept. in the Hospitals, because it seems to me more people die from the WTS blood policy, than the worldy experts advice

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

I need Refuge from the ASSemblies!

• wasblind
    wasblind

Mad , why do you need refuge from the brotherhood.

• losthusband
    losthusband

Ding ------ I went because I was dropping my wife off and I promised I would go in for at least the morning.

Cantleave ------- I'm not sure exactly - mainly Liverpool area.....but it was in Manchester.

Why is it that the people at these things either are massively over-friendly - making banal conversation about anything, or completely condescending - I even got asked if I was able to follow/understand the talks. I felt like saying " I have a degree and a good job for a multi-national company.......why would I not be able to follow some bloke droning on about the basic JW rubbish........The Devil is gonna get you/The only way out is through us/get your kids hooked before they get any ideas of their own!!"

Also, do all JWs have some sort of Victim Complex - Everyone I was introduced to acted like I was some undercover policeman trying to catch them out about something, one even introduced me to his friend as "This is ......... he thinks were all lunatics"!?! Whilst that may be true!! ........ What an odd thing to say.

Cheers.

LH

• cantleave
    cantleave

Why is it that the people at these things either are massively over-friendly - making banal conversation about anything, or completely condescending - I even got asked if I was able to follow/understand the talks. I felt like saying " I have a degree and a good job for a multi-national company.......why would I not be able to follow some bloke droning on about the basic JW rubbish........The Devil is gonna get you/The only way out is through us/get your kids hooked before they get any ideas of their own!!"

Screw your degree and a profession, You need a real educashun edukasian education reading Awake! and a proper job Piosneering supported by window cleaning, to properly understand the deeper truths.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is sxxx like this that ruins children. They go to hear this crap, and they develop a fear of the world. Don't trust the experts--even though many work for the Establishment, placing all of them in two categories is wrong. A few go against the Establishment, and post their findings for people that wish to compare the official position on these topics with what the independents find. When you put both sides as "not knowing what they are talking about", you cut off any independent research on these topics, either from the mainstream establishment or independent sources.

You are also making children afraid that, unless they immerse themselves totally in the deadest of works, they are soon going to die. According to them, Satan is trying to get them to want a normal life (it isn't Satan, it's just the way we were all made) to distract us from serving God. So, if they do anything normal, they are afraid that it will get them destroyed for taking Satan's side. And, "the right way of life" has to be more than study the Washtowel, boasting sessions, and field circus.

No wonder you have children that become afraid of anything normal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit