Child beating

by Quillsky 110 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Yeah, WasBlind, my family called it whoopins or whuppins, too. We thought nothing of it growing up.

FTR, I definitely see good alternatives to spanking now but I would not consider my parents abusive or unloving at all. Perhaps that's why I dislike the child-abuse label being applied so liberally.

• elderelite
    elderelite

@wasblind,

promise you'll spank me later

• wasblind
    wasblind

I was brough up hearing the same thing Leaving, those holes were to suck "ASS"

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

To act like those words are all one and the same sounds intentionally deceptive, as if you want to blur the lines so you can paint all child-spankers as child-abusers. Why?

>> No one is acting like those words mean the same. however once you burn your hand is just a matter of seeing what degree of burning. I am not bluring the lines but I am stating that touching someone causing them pain with the purpose of "educate" is physical abuse.... that is not a judgement is a fact. Even if you think you have the right to do it. If I hit you with a feather and I cause you pain, it is still pain. Doesnt matter what I use or where do I apply it. Do you see my point? I can scream at you with the purpose of calling your attention but screaming its still screaming. Do you know that if you spank me in the street and I put it on tape I can accuse you of "assault and battery"? noone has the right to touch me. being me 2 or 80. As I already stated, I no longer choose to spank my daughter but I do not automatically judge all child-spankers as abusive either. That's just another false dichotomy and seems to say if you swat a child on the behind after a warning (ie, "Don't touch that! You'll burn yourself!") you're a child-abuser, no different than the ones who beat their kids bloody and lock them in the closet. >>that is not judgment. I am not calling them good or bad. I am calling the "child spankers" beacause that describes what they do. If that violates a personal right then I will call the action that. Dont confuse judging someones actions with someones character. No false dichotomy here. Back in the day parents use to pull kids ears. That was the way to get their attention. They had good itentions. But pulling somoeones ear can cause damage. Its abusive no matter how you wannt to paint it.

To me, there are MANY factors to consider before spanking a child, including but not limited to the attitude of the person delivering the discipline, the action that requires the discipline, the child's personality, age, etc... Abuse is never acceptable!

>> so if I have a good attitude and you really require discipline its ok to spank you because you need it..... right? What is abuse? Maybe we should start by talking about that. Because for many people verbal abuse doesnt exist and for others just raising the voice is abuse. My point here is that children have the same rights that you and me have. They are just small and ignorant but very smart. Why should I need to spank a kid? Can I use a different method? When I was in elementary school if a kid was talking in the classroom my teacher would throw a wooden eraser, hitting the kid in the head or the body.... and that was ok back then... Does the end justify the means?

CJ, back when you used corporal punishment on your kids, did you "beat" them or "spank" them? And regardless of what you call it, do you agree that the police should've been called on you?

>> I only spanked my Daughther once. But however I believed it was ok to use it. She was 1. I spanked her on the butt. I was upset. right after I spanked her she continue crying but this time because I had caused her pain. I gave pain to my own child. I made her cry because she was crying. What did I achieve? nothing. I felt like a coward spanking my own because I didnt know how to take control of the situation in more civilized way. After that moment I never did it again. There is no circumstance where physical punishment is needed. Think about it. If I need to use force on another individual it means I lost already my ability to use reason.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Not that way EL, I think I better leave that to someone alot younger than me, you Devil

• elderelite
    elderelite

lolz how are you wasblind... we did have this whole cougar thread going on (i may be older than you think)

• wasblind
    wasblind

Cy, If the police had of been called on me, just because I spanked my child on the rear, the first thing that would have came out of my mouth would have been

WHAT THE HELL!!!!

The second word would have been to the caller after beating the hell out of them and it would be

TAKE THAT !!!!!

• wasblind
    wasblind

Elderelite,

any young man that can take on the responsibilites in a cong, with his eyes open, and still have consideration for his loved ones, regaurdless of how he truly feels. I have nothing but respect for.

• elderelite
    elderelite

wasblind,

a very kind and tactfull way of not answering the quesiton. I bow to your wisdom and let it go with a smile

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

i was given "spankings" as a child. i have a kid now and would never spank them unless they did something absolutly agregious. spakings never did anything but hurt me and piss me off. to each his own, but i dont see any need to spank defensless children. there are other more civil and effective means. and Jesus Christ, talk about the beatings I saw at the kingdom hall. my god, some jw parents are fucking barbaric with their kids. absoulte child abuse going on in kingdom halls all over the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit