So...the bible doesnt say to follow the faithful and discreet slave...CORRECT?

by Joliette 52 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Joliette
    Joliette

Thank you ding.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Thanks Brother Dan, Amen to that brotha! But if I ever told the elders I was a lesbian, I dont know how they would act.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I do...unfortunately. You probably don't want to come out in that way. At least until you're ready to say goodbye to them.

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Joliette...

you said: "There's also no scripture saying that being saved depends on "obedience" - to them or to God for that matter."...

I can understand why you would apply this to the WTBTS specifically, at this time, but in the context of the larger picture outside the WTBTS and their dictates it is very warped thinking...much like saying I don't have to be obedient to my father or my mother and it's not going to affect whether they will continue to support me now and it definately wont affect my inheritance.

love michelle

• Joliette
    Joliette

No I'm not. It just really hurts...I get lonely a lot. The gay lifestyle is fun but lonely at the same time, since most people are straight. This girl (who my brother claimed he saw on a lesbian website) Got married to a brother in March. I was shocked, cause I thought she ws gay.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Myelanine: Can you explain to me please? Thank you.

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Joliette...

simply...God the Father desires obedience from His children because in such is a blessing. a F&DS could be liked to a mother who cares for and nurtures a child...feeds and...shows love to a child.

while the WTBTS can not be seen as a nurturing "mother" and their Jehovah doesn't seem like a loving "father" either it has to be remembered that there IS a loving Father and their IS a loving "mother" or F&DS...and they do have your best interests in their hearts...please don't let what you have experienced at the hands of the WTBTS warp your acceptance of this great truth APART FROM the WTBTS.

Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, that your days may be long, and that it may be well with you in the land which the LORD your God is giving you. deut.5:16

love michelle

• Joliette
    Joliette

Thank you Myelaine...I will keep those words in mind.

• littlebird
    littlebird
    Post 158 of 162
    Since 7/18/2010

Thanks Brother Dan, Amen to that brotha! But if I ever told the elders I was a lesbian, I dont know how they would act.

It will not go well. When my son was "found out" they hunted him down like no other. He was never even baptised. Even though the elders were supposedly the only ones who knew about it, the whole circuit knew in a matter of 2 wks. My son refused to talk to them about it. He is shunned by the witnesses just as if he were disfellowshipped. Unless they are sellling something, then it doesn't seem to matter. He just doesn't acknowledge them anymore, just as they don't acknowledge him.

I haven't read all the posts yet, if you are living at home, I'd not mention it until your out of there and remember their reaction , while wrong, is still out of love for you and they are trained to believe that their shunning you will help you. If you need to talk feel free to pm me. I was your parents once, now my son & I are the best of friends.

As far as the topic goes, No you don't have to obey the fds. They like to say they follow the example of the "jeruselem counsel" however, if you read the context, you'll find that the apostles went to this counsel to correct the their thinking about the circumcision being a requirement for salvation.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Littlebird:

I live by myself in an apartment. My parents know about me, and of course they dont like it. I dont force anything on anyone, and they found out because they found a website that I go (a dating website that lesbians go onto). Of course my dad went on a bible rant, saying that what the bible says, only a man and woman are suppose to marry, etc. (This happened when I was living back @ home). And my mom was like 'We didnt raise you to be like that.' People only listen and see what they want to see, they dont dig deeper to find out why a person are the way that they are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit