When will the crashing and burning of this organization begin?

by easyreader1970 67 Replies latest jw friends

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Metatron,

Your words are wise.

This is indeed happening as you describe, even now.

Their only hope is to settle in as just another Christian religion that doesn't burden their members with over the top demands on their time, or intrusive micro management style control of each individual. I predict they will vacillate between high control and loosening the rules while they desperately try and hang on to intelligent members (the greatest current drain of membership by the way) who have the ability to donate.

Failing that, they will be left with the uneducated and uninspired among us....hey wait a minute....isn't that what Jesus predicted!??!!

OMG maybe they do have the truth! LOL

The Oracle

• LV101
    LV101

FINALLY, prognostications regarding watchtower's negative future surfaced --- depressing reading so many posts about their survival.

NV1

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies
    WT is the turd that won't flush.

Olin Moyles Ghost wrote:

There are plenty of suckers...I mean sheep-like-people...out there who are desperate and ignorant enough to join. And that will be the case for the foreseeable future--especially when China opens up, likely some time in the next decade.

I agree, new blood will come from places like China where people who are desperate for a better life, will jump on the WT$ train. The numbers will grow and the JWs will see it as God helping the WT$ grow blah blah blah . . .

The best we can hope for is another BIG scandal to help many wake up and leave.

3Mozzies

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

I can assure you that there will not be a surge in members from China. LoL.

If you have been to China and talked to enough people from there you quickly realize that there culture is light years away from the JW type religious thinking and the entire concept of Christianity.

Africa yes - there is still a chance of some growth there. South America - yes there is still some room for growth. Asia - forget it. Not happening.

The Oracle

• booby
    booby

I had a call from two "brothers" recently and one I didn't know, the other I did although not well. The one that I knew the best has been a lifer. Went back east to pioneer and spent many years doing so. Moved back "home" to help look after an aging parent. Anyway the point I want ot make is how shocked I was at his responses to my out and out doubts. He acknowledged that he didn't get the generation thing and basically fell back on the "who do we go away to" scenario. I did not expect that reaction at all. To me it shows how willing to put the doubts and crazy teachings aside they are. As an aside to that experience I have a brother who shows that same tenacity to put aside all the silly things that should cause doubts and frustrations and stick in there and keep on keepin on.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

yup booby. those are the kind that are going to stay in, and soon - that will be all that's left.

All the surface thinkers who refuse to look behind the curtain and see the wizard doing his thing.

The rest who dare to look, or who are intellectually curious enough to look, will bolt - like most of us here already have, or in the process of doing so.

Cheers,

The Oracle

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies
    If you have been to China and talked to enough people from there you quickly realize that there culture is light years away from the JW type religious thinking and the entire concept of Christianity.

True, I see your point, but I keep thinking of Japan and they ate up the WT$ BS more than anyone else.

I hope you are correct.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

they did.... for awhile. But that trend has come to a screeching halt in Japan. They have woke up, and now smell the green tea.

I honestly believe that very minimal growth will remain an accurate outlook for China and the rest of most of Asia.

The western cultures have indeed slowed their rapid growth and are in fact barely keeping pace with population growth despite the monumental efforts to secure new membership. Anywhere there is convenient access to the INTERNET and where education is allowed to be administered with minimal censorship will ensure ongoing enlightenment and will erode the number of religious adherents in general, but particularly hard hit will be the more fanatical religious groups like the JWs.

The Oracle

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

@The Oracle

• metatron
    metatron

China? Really? They've been speculating about that one for years and years. It's like Armageddon, always a year or two away but never quite here.

Africa? Think so? Sure you can gather huge numbers of converts - and do they have any money? I didn't think so! And then there's the fun of running congregations with judicial committees there ("Now, Brother.... are you truly repentant for the machete murder you just committed?")

Maybe we need to do a 'local needs' talk on bestiality, brothers.

Try holding on to elders amidst massive fornication, drug use, HIV, rape and murder. Go ask African GB member about holding on to C.O.'s and others. -

These frauds have 'picked the low hanging fruit' and now are faced with stagnation at best. The organization is like a bicycle - it falls over if isn't rolling forward.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit