by snowbird 97 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

I may be wrong, too, JWoods.

I'm still searching for the reference.

Syl

• snowbird
    snowbird

IIRC, the advisory would have been to the effect that parents shouldn't keep the little ones out in the heat too long.

Still searching ...

Syl

• JWoods
    JWoods
    edit: JWoods beat me to it...again

ah-ha! - btw, I do remember that the domed roof leaked pretty bad in a few spots with all the rain.

Sylvia - do you see how much trouble you have caused by remembering Convention Pudding?

• undercover
    undercover
    Sylvia - do you see how much trouble you have caused by remembering Convention Pudding?

Just call her "ole puddin head"...

• sir82
    sir82

Hey did anybody have a soft-serve ice-cream machine in their assembly hall, like we did?

Chocolate, vanilla, or swirl!

And you could get it with strawberry jelly on top if you liked!

"Those were the days..."

• laverite
    laverite

A few posts back, someone mentioned the Astrodome. Memories... I've been to assemblies all over the US, from California to NY, and yes, Houston, TX too. This doesn't even include meetings, etc. in French! Ah, memories...Some good ones believe it or not.

• undercover
    undercover
    Hey did anybody have a soft-serve ice-cream machine in their assembly hall, like we did?

Yep... but it was only used for a short time and then shut off, never to be used again... unless they've gone back to using it. I haven't been in that AH since right after 9/11.

Had two commercial convection ovens and two commercial 2 or 3 door reach-ins. And then there was domestic stuff as well. It was designed and started construction before the foodservice ended but by the time it was open, food was gone, so the equipment was only used for pioneer schools and special meetings. The domestic stuff was used by the live-in overseer.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JWoods..

In Canada..

Now a days..You need at least one person with a Food Safe Certificate working in a kitchen..

Legally I could shut a Kitchen down until everybody played by the rules..

With thousands of people to feed it,would`nt take long..

The WBT$ would have to eat the loss..Which they would pass on to the JW`s anyway..

LOL!!..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• JWoods
    JWoods

Now a days..You need at least one person with a Food Safe Certificate working in a kitchen..

People now a days would be absolutely stunned by what the JWs got away with back in the 1960s and 1970s - I don't think there was any kind of food inspection at the circuit level and very, very little even at the huge international assemblies.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Meetings in French? here in the states? Wow, The WTS ain't nothin' now compared to what it was back in the day.

It looks like they would be dispensing and increasing more of everything like food, literature, and hours in field service

as the time of the end draws near.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit