I Want Some of That Convention Pudding!

by snowbird 97 Replies latest jw friends

• millions now living are dead
    millions now living are dead

I loved the Swiss Miss Tapioca and Vanilla Puddings!!! Still to this day if I get really stressed out, I go find some Swiss Miss and partially freeze them and spend the evening, just me and my pudding. Pathetic, I know but it is my drug of choice. The only good thing to come out of the conventions.

Mil

• elderelite
    elderelite

WOW i had some flashbacks!!! I agree with misery that some of my happiest memories are of the convention (ours were always inside) sitting and eating at the seats. It was the only "big" place i could walk around on my own. The feeling of commraderie.. all the good thing. How poorly does that reflect on my early childhood...

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

Yeah, the conventions were pretty fun. Well at least getting a frozen chocolate pudding to snack on. I remember making sandwiches at the Pacific Coliseum when I was very young...good times.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I loved the conventions and food. Yes, that's a bit telling on what kind of kidhood I DIDN'T have.

• Hiding Questioner
    Hiding Questioner

I haven't read all the posts, but I must say I'll never forget the great assembly food that was served up in the mid 70s in Vancouver, B.C. where the fisherman brothers brought in a huge amount of fresh salmon and cooked them on an open grill. It was great and one of my most, if not the most, memorable good assembly experience I can recall. Boy, are those days gone!

HQ

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

mmmmm....

pudding

The vanilla was so good. Thanks to Blondie for sourcing it.

If anyone who organizes an ex-jw meet up or party wants to make it the event of the century be sure to order a healthy supply of the pudding and serve it with those wonderful wooden spoony things. You could even make a fruit bag for your guests. Then all you need to do is start serving some booze and just watch the party take off! Or you could go straight to the booze. Either way - everyone has fun.

The Oracle

• Joliette
    Joliette

You guys are taking me back with this thread.

The food was the best quailty but it always managed to fill you up

And yes...I do remember those Shasta Sodas and Puddings

The organization couldnt afford mainstream sodas...lol

• snowbird
    snowbird

So many responses!

Thanks.

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit