I Want Some of That Convention Pudding!

by snowbird 97 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

Along with one of those cream cheese Danishes, and a lemon-lime Shasta.

Know what I mean?

Syl

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Those danishes and the roastbeef sandwiches for lunch!!! The only things of value at the assemblies/conventions!

• JWoods
    JWoods

And they were removed by the great Jehovah because it distracted the attention of the zombies from the spiritual food from the Governing Body.

• snowbird
    snowbird

No roast beef sandwiches here - fried/smothered chicken.

Ummm ... delicious!

Syl

• snowbird
    snowbird

Yeah, JWoods.

The end of an era.

Syl

• laverite
    laverite

Mmmmm...Good memories, Sylvia! There are some fond memories if we let ourselves go there, you know. :) I miss some of the songs as well as the food. And there are some lovely people in the WT Corporation.

I miss the lovely ones. As faras the songs, my two favorite songs were "Move Ahead" and "We're Jehovah's Witnesses." Am I a dork?

Living a lie isn't worth it, though. Once I knew the real truth about "The Truth," I had to "move ahead" for real.

-LV

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

OMG!!!!! The vanilla pudding, and cheese danishes!!!!! The Shasta cans!! Does Shasta still exist by the way? I've often wondered was there a JW business connection with the pudding, danishes, Shasta, and breakfast sandwiches. One of my fondest memories as a kid were sitting in those cramped stadium chairs with my folks and siblings eating cheese danishes. Life at that moment was perfect, almost brings a tear to my eye.

• minimus
    minimus

We had some elders that were good cooks in our circuit. These guys prided themselves in making really good food! I knew people who would come to our circuit just because "Bill" was cooking!

• wasblind
    wasblind

When I started going to the conventions we had to bring our own food,

but they did provide garbage cans, now I hear you have to take your trash with you is that true?

• snowbird
    snowbird

For real!!!

I remember cantalopue halves filled with vanilla ice cream, hickory-smoked bacon for breakfast, and REAL yellow grits (not that instant/imitation bacon bits abomination).

One old brother's fondest memory is of a Canadian family who didn't know what grits were.

He talked about that piece of oddity until his dying day.

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit