Demons and the WTS

by brotherdan 200 Replies latest jw experiences

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

Ok, I'll be the crazy one and share a story...and no I wasn't on anything, I was 13.

I was at my friend's house one night and we were looking out her back window. Suddenly we see a pillar of flames shoot up from the ground in front of her neighbour's shed. It turned different colours, and then it went back into the ground. A couple seconds later, we see a man walk into his backyard and into the house. I don't think it was demons, but it was weird. We looked at the shed the next morning and didn't see burn marks or anything.

Another weird thing happened with this friend. We were listening to a CD, and at the end of the CD there was a really warped mashup of songs that started playing. It probably wasn't anything again...but I thought it was demons because I borrowed the CD from a girl who listened to Marilyn Manson.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Jesus mentions demons more than any one else in the bible.

Maybe you should take it up with Him Dan?

Blessings,

Stephen

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

This guy gives an example of a neighbor who was visiting him and insisted that his house was haunted by a ghost. The reality is pretty funny but the video itself is excellent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T69TOuqaqXI

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarke%27s_three_laws

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Jesus mentions demons more than any one else in the bible.
    Maybe you should take it up with Him Dan?

I think this is an excellent point. If there's no supporting evidence that leads you to believe in demons, what else might that tell you?

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

My parents lived in fear of demons and passed that fear onto their children. Even after I had left the tower and home and lived alone, the fear of demons remained.

In the middle of the night on my way down stairs, I felt afraid again. I decide that enough was enough. This was my world not theirs. I challenged them to stop hiding in the dark and appear and take me on. Win or lose.

Nothing happened and the fear vanished from my mind along with the demons. They had only ever existed in my mind, along with all other invisible creatures that hide from humans.

It's all in the mind.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

LWT, I read that quote from Clarke's laws in Dawkin's The God Delusion last night. Same principle is illustrated in the YouTube above.

• Chalam
    Chalam

I think this is an excellent point. If there's no supporting evidence that leads you to believe in demons, what else might that tell you?

The point is Dan does believe in Jesus John 14:6

I'll let Dan take it from here...

Blessings,

Stephen

• compound complex
  • SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

SBC: I think this is an excellent point. If there's no supporting evidence that leads you to believe in demons, what else might that tell you?
    CHALAM: The point is Dan does believe in Jesus John 14:6

That may be true but he's no longer certain about demons. That means logic and reason are leading him in what you might consider a dangerous direction.

It reminds me of a quote:

"Once you can honestly say, "I don't know", then it becomes possible to get at the truth." -Robert Heinlein

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit