If Christ was Divine, How Could He Have Been Tempted?

by leavingwt 141 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    It's as if we sometimes think of the heavens and the earth being static after some historical point in time...

The possibilities are unlimited.

YHWH or Allah could 'change his mind'. He could decide that up is down and right is wrong, etc.

• littlebird
    littlebird

I dont know void, but maybe those who stayed in heaven agree with God and chose to stay, unlike those who didn't and left with Satan. If trinitarian are correct, he's God and cant. I suppose at least satan thought he had a chance to make him fall or he wouldn't have tried, at least in Christs human state.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    if every free agent can fail, wouldn't time eventually empty heaven?

I don't think "can" is the operative word.

IMHO, the question is, will all free agents fail?

I believe the answer will soon be forthcoming.

I hope so, anyway :-)

Might at some point christ (depending on how you think of that entity's current status) fall from grace?

About 2000 years ago, He answered that question most unequivocally.

If He didn't fail while in human form, assuredly He will not as Deity.

Syl

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Well, Satan didn't KNOW the Jesus was the son of God, he says over and over "IF", perhaps to instill a sense of doubt in Jesus or to confirm what Jesus may be in his ( satan's) eyes.

There is really no indication that Satan KNEW this was The Word that created HIM, that it was the ONLY Son of God.

I am sure there was some suspicion on Satan's part.

There is no way Satan would have know about God's ultimate Plan for Jesus, the Word incarnate.

• designs
    designs

Really, this is starting to take on the quality of a paperback Novel or a B movie script asking the audience to accept the gaps in the story line.

• littlebird
    littlebird

Agreed PS, searching is very valuable. I have alot more questions than I have answers, thats why I come here. I like to see several peoples view points and yes, I decide for myself, I dont let other people decide what I believe for me, not the athiests, other groups , or other christians. I let the wt do that for me for over 20 yrs, and nobody here is going to do that for me now.

In my view, the nature of God is a mystery, we aren't God, we are not always going to have answers in black & white. Thats what I love about freedom in Christ. We can have different viewpoints. We aren't jws anymore, we dont have to have all the answers, we dont have to be right. Sometimes, or alot, I think people on this board (not speaking of you) are looking for black or white answers to questions we are just not going to get. I try to just practice child like faith. I believe Christ is the Son of God, born of a virgin, raised from the dead. Everything else for me is a surprise, I love surprises.

• littlebird
    littlebird

Ps-he says over and over "IF",

Good point

• snowbird
    snowbird

Well said, Littlebird - from one bird to another.

I like just throwing ideas out there, who knows what may result?

Syl

• AGuest
    AGuest

6 Who, being in very nature [a] God, (NIV)

The problem lies with your particular Bible translation, dear PSacto (the greatest of love and peace to you!). Although the NIV states the above, the GREEK from which it was taken states:

"Who, although he existed/being IN THE FORM OF God..."

The NIV includes a footnote to this effect. The NIV omits the Greek word "morphe"... which means "the form by which a person or thing strikes the vision" or " external appearance". Meaning "image." Which is what he WAS - the IMAGE of God. The NIV translators, however, in their effort to support their Trinity teaching... rendered the Greek into what you see here, changing "being/existing in the form of..." to "being in very nature..." which are two totally different things.

Here's a link that might help you "see" what I mean (click on the "C" to the left of the verse):

http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Phl&c=2&t=NIV#conc/6

If you want to check of different Bible versions, scroll up and change it at the top center. Note, though, it doesn't matter what version you choose; it will still take you to the Greek. And while the Greek itself may have been changed/tampered, in this case it is the translation/transliteration that has done do.

Again, I bid you peace... and eyes to see, as well as ears to hear the TRUTH of this matter.

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest
    About 2000 years ago, He answered that question most unequivocally. If He didn't fail while in human form, assuredly He will not as Deity.

Syl... I love you. Truly. The greatest of love and peace to you, dear one... and to your entire household.

YOUR servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

Shel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit