Oz Govt following UK & French lead on Tax/Charity status

by Mattieu 153 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Bohm, think of the source that uttered that stupidity. Reniaa. Enough said. LOL

• bohm
    bohm

isaacaustin: Im just curious. How has the Reniaa = Debator identity been established? you got some jaques costau project going on? (Ah, ze beautiful troll in its natural enviroments! such a fine and magnificent beast, singing ze known mating songs it copy-paste from ze CDROM! we must mark these fine creatures with a transponder, so we can follow them in their search for mates!)

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

bohm, check your pm

• bohm
    bohm

isaacaustin: man, thats just so sad!

Debator, you really ought to find something to do with your life, man! You cant be that bad, just argue less, listen more, chill and you will have a lot more fun!

• debator
    debator

Are you saying Personal beliefs should be taxed? and the promotion of faith is taxable?

If a religion makes too much money in donations, governments should cream it off for their coffers instead?

Secular Governments can decide what constitutes an allowable faith for their people to believe in?

Thats all I seem to be getting from this thread.

It's sad to see the knee-jerk hatred of witnesses effect people's cognitive processes so much on here.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    Thats all I seem to be getting from this thread.

Then stop trying to read 'between the lines' and just accept that people mean what they say using English grammar, not what you would prefer they said so that you have something to attack.

Try doing that with the Bible too. It might help you get a life.

• debator
    debator

Hi black sheep

I'm a witness because I have read the bible the hebrew scriptures as well as the greek scriptures. No other christian religion reflects the bible's actual teachings.

The problem with france and maybe now Australia is trying to treat one religion differently than another. Witnesses have been upheld in a human rights court as being an established religion that people have a right to hear about and judge for themselves.

The right to proselytise is an Unalienable right All individual's have unalienable rights to believe in what the choose and hear the options. Why would you support curtailing this. Either by the side door of taxation or full-frontal attack like Russia.

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

Debator's sweeping statement:

The People that donate to religions have already paid taxes to the governments, this is just another way for governments to get more of their money

You know that as a fact? You can vouch for everyone that gives to religions? There were plenty of people in my KH who didn't work - they never paid tax on earnings cos they didn't have any. In fact they lived off benefits - the taxes that other people paid.

Don't talk about tax if you don't understand it.

MMXIV

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    I'm a witness because I have read the bible the hebrew scriptures as well as the greek scriptures. No other christian religion reflects the bible's actual teachings.

It's bit difficult to to give any credence to you, when you have just asked, "Are you saying Personal beliefs should be taxed? and the promotion of faith is taxable?", which nobody is claiming.

You are either deliberately diverting the topic, or have very poor comprehension.

I suggest you pop down to the library and get out an Edward de Bono book and teach yourself some critical thinking skills.

• bohm
    bohm

Debator: The question was: "Explain to an australian tax-payer why scientology should not have to pay taxes."

This is the 4th time you try to answer it - oh wait, you dont, you try to change the subject!

"I am not arguing the point on whether religions abuse their non-profit status (clearly many do) but they are the mental property of our spirtuality."

Simple question: Yes or no. Should a religion which ABUSE its non-profit status LOOSE its tax-excempt status?

you completely miss the point that per default they SHOULD pay tax like everyone else. The government goes in and say: "Hey, your doing a valuable service to the community, we are going to be nice to you and let you NOT PAY TAXES."

If the organization behave like a sham, ie. ABUSE That status, the government can REVOKE a tax-excempt status.

And just once more because im being generous:

"Explain to an australian tax-payer why scientology should not have to pay taxes."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit